It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:22 pm
All times are UTC + 8 hours

Continuously syncing?

OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service. This app can access your OneDrive account and synchronize the files to/from NAS.

Note: Currently, this app does not support OneDrive for Business.

Continuously syncing?

Postby KennethF » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi there
I enabled traffic analysis in my ASUS router, and to my surprise, I see that the Onedrive client for my Asustor NAS is continuously and constantly syncing. Although the sync is complete, it continues to fetch files from my Onedrive although these files have already been synced, and not touched or modified in years.

ADM: 3.2.4.RNN1
Onedrive client: 1.2.0.r150

It is not a huge problem, and I have set a transfer bandwidth limit, but I am just curious about the behavior.

Thanks
KennethF

Re: Continuously syncing?

Postby orion » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:36 am

Not sure how busy it will be. I think you should report this issue to asustor here: https://support.asustor.com/
orion

Re: Continuously syncing?

Postby vitosx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:28 am

I had maybe similar issue. I noticed my NAS stopped going to sleep, Onedrive client tried to sync one file constantly, and when I checked it indeed was missing on my NAS.
When I tried to download this file through Onedrive website, I got a warning that file is virus infected (it was a false alarm according to virustotal.com) and I had to confirm I want to download it. Clearly Onedrive client on NAS does not handle such cases well.

Even after solving this issue I still don't like Asustor Onedrive client - it writes something to disk every ca. 30 minutes, so my HDD won't go to sleep or is waking up every few minutes. This happens when I do not use and do not modify data on my Onedrive at all.
vitosx

Return to Data Sync for OneDrive