Datasync for OneDrive performance issue

OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud storage service. This app can access your OneDrive account and synchronize the files to/from NAS.

Note: Currently, this app does not support OneDrive for Business.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

joewysen
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Datasync for OneDrive performance issue

Post by joewysen »

Just installed DataSync for OneDrive and love the functionality and usability for my limited tech skills. BUT ... I think I am doing something wrong as the the data transfer performance is incredibly slow. All the syncing functionality works but typical data transfer performance based on looking at the 'network performance' monitor is only about 2Mb/s at best and usually a lot less. And when initially indexing files can be as low as 1Kb/s. When I FTP to other sites I can get upwards of 25MB/s. And greater than 100MB/s when FTPing between two Asustor 5004T's on my local LAN.
I have about 50GB of files, mainly family pics and vids.

My first guess was some kind of port forwarding issue in my router so I port forwarded 80 / 443 TCP and 53 UDP ... which I think are the Microsoft OneDrive ports used??? No luck with that brilliant deduction :)

Would much appreciate any guidance as to where I am going astray as at the speeds I'm getting this app is not useable for me.

Thanks in advance
Joe
exceladdict

Re: Datasync for OneDrive performance issue

Post by exceladdict »

The initial syncing/indexing takes ages (weeks/months) for me as well, but I have faith that in the past it has eventually caught up and started syncing.
Would appreciate an official comment but my suspicion is it's just hard to run a service like that on a small processor (I'm on the 202TE)

Return to “Data Sync for OneDrive”