Asustor Portal disabling itself

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Tsburt
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Asustor Portal disabling itself

Post by Tsburt »

hi there

New Asustor 302-T owner. i've enabled Media Mode, I've updated to the latest ADM 2.0.4, installed XBMC, Python, Surveillance Centre, Remote Centre, Chrome, X-Org, and Portal - all latest versions. However, Portal does not appear in the ADM and whenever i try to enable it, it disables itself after a few seconds. Am i missing something.

Thanks in advance
Tsburt

Re: Asustor Portal disabling itself

Post by Tsburt »

a couple of power cycles and it appears to have resolved itself
Badder

Post by Badder »

Hello

I got my Asustor yesterday and I have the same problem where the Asustor Portal won't stay enabled. Tried a factory reset and only installed the Portal with its dependencys but I can't get it to work.

How many restarts did you do before the Portal came alive?
Badder

Post by Badder »

Badder wrote:Hello

I got my Asustor yesterday and I have the same problem where the Asustor Portal won't stay enabled. Tried a factory reset and only installed the Portal with its dependencys but I can't get it to work.

There must be something else... 10 restarts and no change. The Portal still won't stay enabled.
Badder

Post by Badder »

Badder wrote:
Badder wrote:Hello

There must be something else... 10 restarts and no change. The Portal still won't stay enabled.
Hmm i left the NAS on for a couple of hours and when I got back I was able to start the Portal. An hour after that I was able to start using the Portal. So have patience...
Tsburt

Post by Tsburt »

That's good news it's working. I only power cycled a couple of times. Patience indeed.
Tsburt

Post by Tsburt »

I should just note that I updated to the latest BIOS whilst I was trying to get it to work so perhaps that made a difference?
Hitsuji

Post by Hitsuji »

Bad news for you guys!

I've had the same problem. Suddenly it worked again, just like you described it, but now portal pretends again to not recognise my tv (thats what it did before it started to deactivate itself...). So in my case it just sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't, what is pretty annoying...

The supporting guy just told me to wait for the next softwareupdate :/
phantasmnz

Post by phantasmnz »

I've seen this and the logs from Xorg show that X is not finding a supported mode when it starts (so there is no X environment for the portal to run in) - I *think* it will be mainly with TVs that are not full HD

workaround -

- set the resolution on the portal (through ADM) to 1080i (not p) - ASUSTOR ADMINS - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Add a 720p option here!!
- disconnect HDMI cable
- reboot NAS
- wait until reboot has completed (beeps if enabled or no flashing lights)
- plug HDMI cable in
- should work fine now

Asustor Admins - resolution detection on Xorg seems to be an issue particularly with older TVs - please could you look into it? :D
Hitsuji

Post by Hitsuji »

You are my hero! It worked on the first try :) I restarted the NAS so many times before, unplugged the HDMI cable, changed the cable, everything... but obviously not in this order... whatever

The guy from Asustor support told me that they are working on 720p support for portal. Should be part of the next portal update.

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”