Am I Just Malware Paranoid?

Through built-in EZ Sync Manager of ADM 3.2 and ASUSTOR EZ Sync for computer, data from computer can be synchronized to the NAS at any time from anywhere.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Saltrams
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Am I Just Malware Paranoid?

Post by Saltrams »

Firstly; apologies for having duplicated a post that I placed elsewhere about a month ago. Lots of people viewed the post but nobody replied and I'm still having the issue.
A few times recently (about 10) I have had a notification box pop up when starting my PC (Win10 64 bit. Also have 7004T NAS with latest ADM update 3.4.6.RDF3)
The box was this: (but recently it has changed a little although essentially the problems remain)
and it raises several questions, does it not?

Why is EZSync spelled "Easy Sync"? Why does it say "Relaese (sic) Notes"? Why is there no branding/logo/whatever to even suggest it originates from Asustor? Am I just paranoid?

I know that English isn't these guys' first language and I don't want to be snooty about that but it does have a lot of the warning signs of things that ain't what they should be, doesn't it?
orion

Re: Am I Just Malware Paranoid?

Post by orion »

Did you install AES (ASUSTOR EZ Sync) on your PC? The notification is asking you to upgrade it.
And, yes, it's an apparent fault on "Relaese". The most efficient way to ask them revise it is to send a support ticket to asustor directly. https://support.asustor.com/
Saltrams

Post by Saltrams »

Gosh, sorry, it didn't occur to me that anyone would think I hadn't installed EZ Sync. Yes, I have installed it (I don't find it to be useful or user friendly but that's another post topic).
You have the pop-up box too? Have you successfully clicked on the update option?
orion

Post by orion »

I installed this app on my PC (I still use Win7 ;) ). However I did not see the pop-up window. I guess that my AES is the latest one.
Did you mean you cannot download it even if you click "Download Now"?
Saltrams

Post by Saltrams »

Oh I haven't clicked on it - I'm malware paranoid, see? Like I wouldn't click links in emails I don't trust. I'm not a "let's see what happens, how bad can it be?" person :shock: I just thought it was so clumsy & weird that I thought I would enquire what others thought.

Return to “EZ Sync Manager”