AS-604T for Mac?

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

meteora
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS-604T for Mac?

Post by meteora »

hi guys,

i read many great reviews on the internet and your products look very promising. i have been using 2 qnap nas in the past 5 years and it's getting really slow and noisy(fan) now, therefore, i am thinking of getting a new 4 bay nas as the main home server for storing my 4 TBs photos and videos. (i am a photographer by the way)

so here are my question:

1. is your NAS fully compatible with Mac OS 10.8 (mountain lion)?
2. can i run my own website (written in php) on the nas for displaying my works? I need php 5
3. how can i move my data from the qnap to the new asustor? i found that you have a really nice backup/data transfer feature that can pull the data from the other devices via FTP or rsync, will that work?

cheers,

meteora
Allen@AST

Re: AS-604T for Mac?

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi Meteora,

I have answered your questions below in red. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

1. is your NAS fully compatible with Mac OS 10.8 (mountain lion)?

Yes, our NAS is compatible with Mac OS 10.8. Do you have any specific applications that you wish to use besides just storing photos and videos? If you do, please feel free to let me know so I can further explain about compatibility.

2. can i run my own website (written in php) on the nas for displaying my works? I need php 5

Of course you can run you own website written in PHP. Currently, our NAS and Web Server offer full support for PHP 5.3.

3. how can i move my data from the qnap to the new asustor? i found that you have a really nice backup/data transfer feature that can pull the data from the other devices via FTP or rsync, will that work?

Yes, you can use our FTP or Rsync backup feature to pull your data from your old QNAP to the new ASUSTOR. You may also choose to backup the data from your QNAP onto the new ASUSTOR. Either way will work just fine as our NAS fully supports 2-way data transfers.

Thanks,

Allen
meteora

Post by meteora »

Thanks Allen, just ordered one AS-604T and can't wait for it :lol:
Allen@AST

Post by Allen@AST »

meteora, hope you enjoy your new NAS!

Return to “Presales”