XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

phantasmnz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Post by phantasmnz »

I submitted a ticket and got the same dumb response. thanks for your feedback..... blah blah... intel bug... blah blah... waiting for intel.... blah blah... nothing we can do... blah blah...

A real shame - clearly Asustor you've stopped caring or listening to your customers. A proper information release with some timeframes and real information would go a long way. Right now you'e turning your biggest promoters into detractors. We get that there may be some work needed by intel on driver issues - but since this is a CE device, we don't have access to any information or drivers- and we have to rely on you guys who seem to not care that your product breaches basic trading standards in every country by falsely advertising media capability the product doesn't actually have.

A simple press release - "we are aware of a bug in version X.XX of the XXXXX driver provided by XXXXXXX which is affecting audio processing on the intel atom SoCs used in models XXX,XXX,XXXX. This is causing audio sync issues in XBMC and XXXXXXXXX. We have reported this to XXXXXX on XXXXXX and they have advised that XXXXXXXXXXX. We expect to have an update on this situation by XXXXXXXX. In the meantime you can try the following XXXXXXXXXX

We also have a situation where both the ALSA module and XBMC software are out of date, and there is completely no discussion of getting up to date version of these to see if it will help

I've personally purchased for both profesisonal and domestic use a number of your NAS products from my 202TE to multiple 608Ts and a 609RS - and my impressions up to a month or two ago were that ASUSTOR was a serious startup who will walk all over the competition with an innovative and easy to use product. Failing to provide support - or even a proper explanation and expectations set - for a primary advertised feature on your home/SOHO products means I've stopped recommending this product personally and professionally and am currently looking at what my other options are.

please start showing some good faith and tell your customers whats going on - making out this isn't a probelm and continuing to sell devices on a false promise isn't the way to go.

come on other Asustor owners - let's keep the pressure on....
Tsburt

Post by Tsburt »

since the most recent update for XBMC a few days ago, my audio sync on my 302-t seems to be much improved, even after forwarding/rewinding.... anyone else? or am i just imagining it?
phantasmnz

Post by phantasmnz »

Thought you might have been right until I skipped a few more times and it went out if sync again - it's certainly not resolved fully in any case - come on Asustor - give us a bit more hope here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eriikoo

Post by eriikoo »

Tsburt wrote:since the most recent update for XBMC a few days ago, my audio sync on my 302-t seems to be much improved, even after forwarding/rewinding.... anyone else? or am i just imagining it?
Has not been fixed, i still have the problem :(
Any updates from the ticket?
basil

Post by basil »

I cannot see any updates for XBMC, am I missing something?

There is one beta update that requires ADM 2.2 beta which very few people can get it..so not sure what you guys are talking about.
orion

Post by orion »

basil wrote:I cannot see any updates for XBMC, am I missing something?

There is one beta update that requires ADM 2.2 beta which very few people can get it..so not sure what you guys are talking about.
:?: You should be able to get ADM 2.2 beta from asustor web site.
http://www.asustor.com/betaProgram?lan=en
rpnas

Post by rpnas »

Still a huge problem!
eriikoo

Post by eriikoo »

rpnas wrote:Still a huge problem!
Yes agree, must come a fix for this.
basil

Post by basil »

Thanks for the link to the BETA release: still the same problems with XBMC, no changes there, so it is useless for me and many other :(

I guess the developers are working hard to get the final ADM 2.2 out the door and they cannot be bothered with XBMC bugs. Too bad as I cannot recommend this box to any of my friends that were planning to use it as a media player.
Rei

Post by Rei »

Saw that XMBC was updated with explicit reference to the lipsync problem on the beta, but it's made no difference on my ts-202E

Return to “XBMC”