Twonky Server Registration?

Twonky Server is a media server for PC, embedded, and mobile platforms that allows connected devices to browse and stream media files over a home network. Twonky Server scans and indexes media files on the server and can even aggregate media files from multiple servers to make them accessible from a central location. Music, photos, videos, and playlists, in addition to cloud media accessed through online feeds can all be accessed through Twonky Server.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Zaragosa
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Twonky Server Registration?

Post by Zaragosa »

So in the days of not so great NAS "WD ShareSpace", was running Twonky. It was updated on a regular basis, but alas speed from the NAS was crap. Enter the modern era (sure it is only several years later) where computing hardware changes quicker than a model in a fashion show.

Purchased myself an ASUStor AS608t. Now a couple years later Twonky is available via the App Central, thank you much C.H.. Prior to this I had installed Twonky via manual install from an outside source. Worked great for a short while then the trial period ended.

My question is, does Twonky from App Central use a 30 day trial license or is it permanent similar to WD ShareSpeace? Currently I am able to install Twonky but it will not allow configuration within the server as it shows as trial ended. I had removed all instances of the old install last year.

Do we, the purchasers of this fine NAS have to pay Twonky for a license to use the server app?

cheers
damien599901

Re: Twonky Server Registration?

Post by damien599901 »

Zaragosa wrote: Do we, the purchasers of this fine NAS have to pay Twonky for a license to use the server app?

cheers
yes
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
Charleswj39

Post by Charleswj39 »

And when we've bought it, how do we enter it?
Charleswj39

Post by Charleswj39 »

Dumb question - opening Twonky - there's a place to enter the code

Return to “Twonky (Beta)”