Kodi 15.1

Kodi (formally known as XBMC) is an award-winning free and open source (GPL) software media player and entertainment hub \
acurrington
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Kodi 15.1

Post by acurrington »

Tonight I signed into Kodi, and got a message saying that release 15.1 is now a stable release. Can we upgrade to this, or do we have to wait for a new release to come out via App Central?
Storage: AS-5104T with 2x4TB WD Green and 2GB RAM, and loving it! :)
damien599901

Re: Kodi 15.1

Post by damien599901 »

acurrington wrote:Tonight I signed into Kodi, and got a message saying that release 15.1 is now a stable release. Can we upgrade to this, or do we have to wait for a new release to come out via App Central?
wait for a new release to come out via App Central ;)
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
RMerlin

Post by RMerlin »

Asustor just published... 14.2. o.O

A bit outdated by now I'd say...
RMerlin

Post by RMerlin »

Yay - Kodi 15.1 is now available in the Beta section :)

I haven't installed it yet, I need to backup my customisations first before upgrading.
Tarl Cabot

Post by Tarl Cabot »

acurrington wrote:Tonight I signed into Kodi, and got a message saying that release 15.1 is now a stable release. Can we upgrade to this, or do we have to wait for a new release to come out via App Central?
Those messages are meant only for users running standard Windows/Linux/MacOS/etc., installs from Kodi's official site. The content from Kodi's RSS feed and/or pop-up notifications from the "Version Checker" add-on regarding version update information are not applicable to us Asustor Kodi users because we use a custom Linux version coded specifically for the Asustor NAS. Therefore our Asustor Kodi versions can be, and often are, older than those available directly from Kodi's site.

As the other gent said, look only to App Central on your NAS for the latest Kodi builds. You may have already grabbed it, but App Central now has a Kodi 15.1.7 BETA build posted. If it's available for your particular NAS model and you are currently running Kodi 14.x, then I'd give the 15.1.7 beta a shot. I've been running it for a couple weeks now and while I've noticed a couple nuisance bugs, it's still stable enough to recommend. And of course, remember to run Back Up beforehand. However, if you are still running XBMC, you will have to uninstall it first before installing the new Kodi brand. In that case, still back up your libraries and artwork, etc., but plan on doing a fresh install and manual configuration for Kodi. Do NOT try to restore/import your old XBMC settings into a new Kodi build!

Cheers,
AS-6302T with Crucial 8GB RAM Kit (2x4GB) DDR3L 1600 PC3-12800 1.35V CL11
2x4TB Western Digital NAS Red Plus - RAID-1
BIOS: v1.29 ADM: 3.5.2.RAG2 (Dec '20)
Asustor Remote - Logitech Wireless keyboard/mouse

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke
elad.bar

Post by elad.bar »

Since I downloaded Kodi 15.1.8 i can't connect it to the MySQL runs on my AS-7010T
danstah

Post by danstah »

Same thing for me. 15.1 update doesn't work with my mysql database. I've messed around quite a bit and haven't been able to get it to work. Is there a way to get old packages so I can manually install to revert?
danstah

Post by danstah »

Figured it out. Found it here
http://appdownload.asustor.com/

Reverted and it fixed my issue right away

Return to “Kodi”