nzbDrone package

NZBDrone is a PVR for newsgroup users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favourite shows and will grab, sorts and renames them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded if a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

renocz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: nzbDrone package

Post by renocz »

Hi ITrondsen,

Did you try to open a shell and make a start-stop?

Cheers,

Renaud

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini
iTrondsen

Post by iTrondsen »

renocz wrote:Hi ITrondsen,

Did you try to open a shell and make a start-stop?

Cheers,

Renaud
I have no clue how to use shell. Any good tutorials out there?
renocz

Post by renocz »

Ok, i'll try to be concise.

First of all, please go to ADM/Services and activate SSH Service under Terminal section. Just think about routing it if you want to do this remotely.

If you are under windows, please download putty.
Launch it.
Just push your IP in the field Host Name (or IP address).

If you are under mac, just open a terminal
Type SSH your IP address

Common
When you have a prompt with "login as" just type root
It will ask for your password, just type your admin password. (admin/root shared the same password)

You are now connected via ssh to your NAS.

Regarding nzbdrone

just type:
/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop --> stop the process
/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh start --> start the process
/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh start --> restart the process if required (could be usefull in your case.

Don't hesitate if you have any question.

Kind Regards,

Renaud

iTrondsen

Post by iTrondsen »

renocz wrote:Ok, i'll try to be concise.

First of all, please go to ADM/Services and activate SSH Service under Terminal section. Just think about routing it if you want to do this remotely.

If you are under windows, please download putty.
Launch it.
Just push your IP in the field Host Name (or IP address).

If you are under mac, just open a terminal
Type SSH your IP address

Common
When you have a prompt with "login as" just type root
It will ask for your password, just type your admin password. (admin/root shared the same password)

You are now connected via ssh to your NAS.

Regarding nzbdrone

just type:
/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop --> stop the process
/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh start --> start the process
/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh start --> restart the process if required (could be usefull in your case.

Don't hesitate if you have any question.

Kind Regards,

Renaud
When I try those commands I get:

root@AS-606T-DD1C:/volume1/.@root # /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop
Stopping NzbDrone
start-stop-daemon: warning: killing process 25759: No such process

root@AS-606T-DD1C:/volume1/.@root # /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh start
Starting NzbDrone

root@AS-606T-DD1C:/volume1/.@root # /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh start
Starting NzbDrone

Still wont start:/ Btw using windows

***EDIT***

Restarted NAS and now SABnzbdplus wont start either.
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hum... strange...

Your SABnzbd and your nzbdrone could be linked but do not interfere really.

maybe try to uninstall and setup again.

Elusivity

Post by Elusivity »

Hi MrK,

Seems that while nzbDrone doesn't run as root process it seems to be installed by it, so when mono tries to perform a manual update you don't have permissions to extract the update file in /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/nzbdrone/config/Backups, as per failed log file:

Code: Select all

Update process failed: Access to the path "/volume1/home/admin/.config/NzbDrone/Backups/update/nzbdrone_backup_2014.10.07_18.24.22.zip" is denied.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/volume1/home/admin/.config/NzbDrone/Backups/update/nzbdrone_backup_2014.10.07_18.24.22.zip" is denied.
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x0032f] in /asustor/cross/as-6xx/trunk/source/mono-3.4.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:320 
  at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in /asustor/cross/as-6xx/trunk/source/mono-3.4.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:137 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)
  at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in /asustor/cross/as-6xx/trunk/source/mono-3.4.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:123 
  at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in /asustor/cross/as-6xx/trunk/source/mono-3.4.0/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:118 
  at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.Create (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Common.ArchiveService.CreateZip (System.String path, System.String[] files) [0x00000] in m:\BuildAgent2\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Common\ArchiveService.cs:47 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Backup.BackupService.Backup (BackupType backupType) [0x0008f] in m:\BuildAgent2\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Core\Backup\BackupService.cs:71 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate (NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackage updatePackage) [0x00126] in m:\BuildAgent2\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Core\Update\InstallUpdateService.cs:98 
I manually chmod 777 '/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/nzbdrone/config/Backups/*" and all works now, so might want to change permissions on that folder in the package.
MrK

Post by MrK »

Elusivity wrote: I manually chmod 777 '/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/nzbdrone/config/Backups/*" and all works now, so might want to change permissions on that folder in the package.
Mmmh, updating NzbDrone works for me for forever and I do change the permissions while creating the packages. So that's a bit strange. On my NAS everything in the nzbdrone directory is owned by admin:administrator with the exception of nzbdrone/CONTROL (which is how it is supposed to be).

What's the owner of the nzbdrone directory (and subdirectory) on your NAS?
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hi Thomas,

As nzbdrone is changing, could you please send a new package using the new name sonarr? Many thanks!

Renaud

MrK

Post by MrK »

renocz wrote:Hi Thomas,

As nzbdrone is changing, could you please send a new package using the new name sonarr? Many thanks!

Renaud
Hey Renaud,

Let 'em first change anything, ok? The just announced the name but in the same post they admit that they haven't done any rebranding yet. When the icons, names and tarballs are out I'll create a new package. And even the upgrade scenario is not clear yet: Hopefully there will be one and not a remove-and-reinstall situation.

\o/
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hey Thomas, how are you doing?

I noticed that I missed to reply to this post... sorry.

Did you know that Mafredi was also working on it?
Sonarr (with Bittorrent support) and Mono

Maybe you can work together to update now the official version (I'm pretty sure there are no more nzbdrone-related things now :p)

Many thanks for your feedback ;)

Cheers,

Renaud

Return to “NzbDrone”