nzbDrone package

NZBDrone is a PVR for newsgroup users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favourite shows and will grab, sorts and renames them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded if a better quality format becomes available.
jochristian
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: nzbDrone package

Post by jochristian »

Hello,

Nice work. Found the NZBdrone package on "App central" today, but it does not work on my AS-602T using beta 2.2.
Any quick fix for this?

I did try to rename the Mono library file as described on the first page of this thread but it did not work.

/Jo Christian
MrK

Post by MrK »

jochristian wrote:Hello,

Nice work. Found the NZBdrone package on "App central" today, but it does not work on my AS-602T using beta 2.2.
Any quick fix for this?

I did try to rename the Mono library file as described on the first page of this thread but it did not work.

/Jo Christian
You have to update Mono to the lastest version available (Mono 3.4.0.r3). If you've done that then a bit more info would be helpful. What does "not work" mean. Page not available or just a white page (that's what you get if Mono 3.0.12 is installed).
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
jochristian

Post by jochristian »

MrK wrote:
jochristian wrote:Hello,

Any quick fix for this?

/Jo Christian
You have to update Mono to the lastest version available (Mono 3.4.0.r3). If you've done that then a bit more info would be helpful. What does "not work" mean. Page not available or just a white page (that's what you get if Mono 3.0.12 is installed).
Hello again,

Sorry about my lack of information. I do have Mono version 3.4.0.r3 installed.
I only get a white page when I browse to http://nas:8989 (Page is not available) Guess that means that nzbDrone is not started.

I have also tried disabling/enabling nzbDrone a couple of times to see if that helped.
Any other logfiles that I can look at?
I'm familiar with using ssh and console.

I did try to manually start nzbDrone via console now. Getting a "EPIC FAIL!" message ;-)
This was done with the admin user..

mono /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe
[Info] Bootstrap: Starting NzbDrone - /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/nzbdrone/NzbDrone/NzbDrone.exe - Version 2.0.0.1522

[Fatal] ConsoleApp: EPIC FAIL!

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/root/.config" is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Create () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo:Create ()
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectoriesInternal (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.CreateFolder (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.Disk.DiskProviderBase.EnsureFolder (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.AppFolderFactory.Register () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Host.Bootstrap.Start (NzbDrone.Common.EnvironmentInfo.StartupContext startupContext, IUserAlert userAlert, System.Action`1 startCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at NzbDrone.Console.ConsoleApp.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Press any key to exit...

Works if starting manually with the root user. Then I get the web-gui up and running.

/Jo Christian
MrK

Post by MrK »

jochristian wrote: <snip>
Works if starting manually with the root user. Then I get the web-gui up and running.
<snip>
For starting manually have a look what the startup script does (/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh). The EPIC FAIL states that it can't access /root/.config which makes sense as 'admin' user.

You can use the start-stop.sh manually to see if it gives any message: /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh [start|stop]. Enable/Disable it in the ADM interface does run exactly that command (from a link created to /usr/local/etc/init.d/S96nzbdrone)

The script creates a symbolic link from /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/config to /volume1/home/admin/.config named 'NzbDrone' (user 'admin's home -> su - admin ; printenv HOME).

And the NzbDrone log can be found in /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/config/logs.

Could you check the owner/group of /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone? With the exception of the 'CONTORL' folder everything should be set to admin:administrators. And could you also check if the admin home directory exists and the /volume1/home/admin/.config directory (and subs) have the correct owner:group?

Cheers
Thomas
jochristian

Post by jochristian »

MrK wrote:
jochristian wrote: <snip>
<snip>
For starting manually have a look what the startup script does (/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh). The EPIC FAIL states that it can't access /root/.config which makes sense as 'admin' user.

You can use the start-stop.sh manually to see if it gives any message: /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/start-stop.sh [start|stop]. Enable/Disable it in the ADM interface does run exactly that command (from a link created to /usr/local/etc/init.d/S96nzbdrone)

The script creates a symbolic link from /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/config to /volume1/home/admin/.config named 'NzbDrone' (user 'admin's home -> su - admin ; printenv HOME).

And the NzbDrone log can be found in /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/config/logs.

Could you check the owner/group of /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone? With the exception of the 'CONTORL' folder everything should be set to admin:administrators. And could you also check if the admin home directory exists and the /volume1/home/admin/.config directory (and subs) have the correct owner:group?

Cheers
Thomas
Thanks for your reply.
I'm starting to suspect that there is something wrong with the admin users home folder on my nas.
For some reason it is set to /root (admin:x:999:999:,0,,Admin:/root:/bin/sh).
Guess this should be /volume1/home/admin. Is that correct? Not sure if changing this would make other things stop working.

/Jo Christian
MrK

Post by MrK »

jochristian wrote: Thanks for your reply.
I'm starting to suspect that there is something wrong with the admin users home folder on my nas.
Guess this should be /volume1/home/admin. Is that correct? Not sure if changing this would make other things stop working.
Mmhh, what are the owner/group for /root? If they're set to root:root (which I would assume) then apps running as 'admin' won't be able to access (write) it anyway. You could check if permissions/owners are set for any subfolders (including hidden).

NzbDrone is an app were the application data folder location can't be configured yet. That's the reason I have to work with a symbolic link. And it for sure won't be happy not being able to write to it's app data location.

All the apps which write to their own folder won't have a problem.If that NAS is highly productive, fiddling around with users home is of course not the best of ideas.

/Thomas
jochristian

Post by jochristian »

MrK wrote:
jochristian wrote: Thanks for your reply.
Mmhh, what are the owner/group for /root? If they're set to root:root (which I would assume) then apps running as 'admin' won't be able to access (write) it anyway. You could check if permissions/owners are set for any subfolders (including hidden).

NzbDrone is an app were the application data folder location can't be configured yet. That's the reason I have to work with a symbolic link. And it for sure won't be happy not being able to write to it's app data location.

All the apps which write to their own folder won't have a problem.If that NAS is highly productive, fiddling around with users home is of course not the best of ideas.

/Thomas

Yes, the permissions for /root is set to root:root. And admin can't access this folder.
I even get this message when logging into my nas as admin:
Could not chdir to home directory /root: Permission denied

But the .config folder under /root is set to admin:administrators. But the admin user can't access this folder.
How does /etc/passwd look like on your nas for the admin user?

/Jo Christian
MrK

Post by MrK »

jochristian wrote:Yes, the permissions for /root is set to root:root. And admin can't access this folder.
I even get this message when logging into my nas as admin:
Could not chdir to home directory /root: Permission denied
But the .config folder under /root is set to admin:administrators. But the admin user can't access this folder.
How does /etc/passwd look like on your nas for the admin user?
The permission settings for the .config folder set to admin:administrators is my "fault". The start-stop.sh script for NzbDrone gets the user home folder, creates the .config subfolder (if not already there) and sets the permissions to 'admin:administrators'. I have to set the owner that way since the start-stop.sh script runs as root and that's also the reason that it can do that.

The entry for the 'admin' user looks like this on the AS-202T and AS-604T:

Code: Select all

admin:x:999:999:,0,,Admin:/volume1/home/admin:/bin/sh
And the /etc/default/useradd file does look:

[root@AS-202T-120GB default]$ cat useradd
# useradd defaults file
#GROUP=1000
HOME=/volume1/home
INACTIVE=-1
EXPIRE=
SHELL=/bin/sh
SKEL=/etc/skel
CREATE_MAIL_SPOOL=no
The /etc/default/passwd file may explains why your 'admin' user entry looks like it does:

[root@AS-202T-120GB default]$ cat passwd
root:x:0:0:,0,,root:/root:/bin/sh
avahi:x:200:200:,0,,Avahi mDNS daemon:/nonexistent:/bin/false
nvradmin:x:997:997:,0,,NVR Admin:/nonexistent:/bin/sh
guest:x:998:65534:,0,,guest:/nonexistent:/bin/false
admin:x:999:999:,0,,Admin:/root:/bin/sh
nobody:x:65534:65534:,0,,nobody:/nonexistent:/bin/false
So, per default the 'admin' home is indeed set to '/root'. I assume during setup of the NAS that gets changed which did not happen for you. And they had to set it to /root since /volume1 doesn't exist right after first startup (no volumes at that point).

cu
Thomas
jochristian

Post by jochristian »

MrK wrote: The entry for the 'admin' user looks like this on the AS-202T and AS-604T:

admin:x:999:999:,0,,Admin:/volume1/home/admin:/bin/sh
And the /etc/default/useradd file does look:

[root@AS-202T-120GB default]$ cat useradd
# useradd defaults file
#GROUP=1000
HOME=/volume1/home
INACTIVE=-1
EXPIRE=
SHELL=/bin/sh
SKEL=/etc/skel
CREATE_MAIL_SPOOL=no
The /etc/default/passwd file may explains why your 'admin' user entry looks like it does:

[root@AS-202T-120GB default]$ cat passwd
root:x:0:0:,0,,root:/root:/bin/sh
avahi:x:200:200:,0,,Avahi mDNS daemon:/nonexistent:/bin/false
nvradmin:x:997:997:,0,,NVR Admin:/nonexistent:/bin/sh
guest:x:998:65534:,0,,guest:/nonexistent:/bin/false
admin:x:999:999:,0,,Admin:/root:/bin/sh
nobody:x:65534:65534:,0,,nobody:/nonexistent:/bin/false
So, per default the 'admin' home is indeed set to '/root'. I assume during setup of the NAS that gets changed which did not happen for you. And they had to set it to /root since /volume1 doesn't exist right after first startup (no volumes at that point).

cu
Thomas
Thanks a lot for your help Thomas.
I took the chance and I manually edited my /etc/passwd file changing the home directory for admin to /volume1/home/admin.
I then rebooted my nas.
nzbDrone is working now and it automatically started :-D
So far I have not noticed any other services on my nas that is not working. So you are probably right. Something went wrong during the installation of my nas.

Thanks again :-)

/Jo Christian
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hi Thomas,

Just a little comment to let you know that i'm really satisfied about your nzbdrone release! Everything runs smoothly, i use internal updates (the team is really working fast!). I think this is THE best application for TV Shows and i'm really impatient to test the anime and movie management in development!

For the others, i'm using it a lot so if you have any questions, feel free to contact me ;)

Cheers,

Renaud

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini

Return to “NzbDrone”