nzbDrone package

NZBDrone is a PVR for newsgroup users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favourite shows and will grab, sorts and renames them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded if a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MrK
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: nzbDrone package

Post by MrK »

renocz wrote:Hi Guys!
I have some questions / features request for you.
1) do you plan to discuss with asustor to push it on appcentral?
2) do you think it's possible to put an auto update feature?
3) how to update currently?
4) will you prepare an updated release??
Hi Renaud,

1) Submitting an app is quite easy, I wouldn't need to talk to ASUSTOR for that. But right now NzbDrone doesn't work with the Mono they provide. So you would have to install both, Mono 3.2 and NzbDrone. I want to wait for a changed Mono from ASUSTOR before I submit that app. It doesn't seem to be a good solution to have two version of Mono installed.
2) It certainly is possible. The file name and path to the lasted version remains the same and therefore it could be done. Not sure if possible without a restart of the app. Auto update is something that is apparently is discussed at NzbDrone.
3) Manually, unpacking the new version and run the package creator script
4) I can do that, sure. Will update the links today

I probably should stop creating packages. I really like to fiddle around with it creating them but I'm notorious lazy at updating them :/

cu
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hi Thomas!

Thank you for your answers!!

I use nzbdrone for several days now and to be honest, it's awesome!!!

1) I totally understand! I asked asustor to update mono ;)
2) Ok so i will wait for a possible update which integrate the auto update.
3) I'm not familiar with GIT but i read that using an ssh connection, going into

Code: Select all

/user/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/
and type

git pull
should work to update nzbdrone, do you confirm? And should i do a

./CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop
before and a start after?
4) Perfect :) many thanks! Right now for me it's the easiest way :)

Regarding the update, i'm not familiar as i said with git and packages but if you need some help; for example, if it's easy to update a package, i could help you with pleasure!! Don't hesitate.

////////////////////////////EDIT/////////////////////////////
A last question for you, in the log, i still have a warning:

DiskSpaceService        Unable to get free space for: /: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
i'm pretty sure it doesn't impact nzbdrone but do you know how to fix it?
The full message is:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at NzbDrone.Mono.DiskProvider.GetTotalSize (System.String path) [0x0005b] in m:\BuildAgent1\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Mono\DiskProvider.cs:125 
  at NzbDrone.Core.DiskSpace.DiskSpaceService+<GetDiskSpace>d__4.MoveNext () [0x0006d] in m:\BuildAgent1\work\328d72309b633a8\src\NzbDrone.Core\DiskSpace\DiskSpaceService.cs:73 
I know that there is an advanced option to ignore the free space check when importing episodes, but i don't know if it will solve my "warning" and i don't like to try options "just for fun ;)" thanks for your answer.

Cheers!

Renaud

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini
MrK

Post by MrK »

renocz wrote:Hi Thomas!
[...]
1) I totally understand! I asked asustor to update mono ;)
2) Ok so i will wait for a possible update which integrate the auto update.
3) I'm not familiar with GIT but i read that using an ssh connection, going into [...] to update nzbdrone, do you confirm? And should i do a

./CONTROL/start-stop.sh stop
before and a start after?
4) Perfect :) many thanks! Right now for me it's the easiest way :)

Regarding the update, i'm not familiar as i said with git and packages but if you need some help; for example, if it's easy to update a package, i could help you with pleasure!! Don't hesitate.

////////////////////////////EDIT/////////////////////////////
A last question for you, in the log, i still have a warning:

DiskSpaceService        Unable to get free space for: /: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
i'm pretty sure it doesn't impact nzbdrone but do you know how to fix it?
The full message is:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[...][/quote]
1) I did too, the problem is not the version. It's that some components of Mono for 32-bit are compiled for 64-bit. And it's an important component (libMonoPosixHelper.so) for NzbDrone. So I just tried to add it to the NzbDrone package (as I added some other libs) and it worked out fine.  That means that I made it work with the stock Mono from ASUSTOR and Mono 3.2 is not needed anymore. It would still be cool if they would upgrade their Mono to 3.2 but we'll see.

2) Intergrading auto update isn't as simple as with git based stuff. It's downloading an archive file, extracting it and so on. NzbDrone already has an 'Update' button on their interface but it leads you to the download page. The [url=https://github.com/SynoCommunity/spksrc/issues/671#issuecomment-42767412]Synology guys are in touch[/url] with them to have that button behave differently if it's an Syno. Maybe we can talk to them to but it's not an prio for me right now. 

3) see 2)

And regarding the error: I get this too and it doesn't seem to have any influence on NzbDrone. You'll see some error in every log of almost every app out there.
renocz

Post by renocz »

Morning Thomas,

Thank you again for your explainations.

First, i tried to update via your package and i don't know why but each time it saids that mono is required but i have your version up and running on my nas as i'm already using nzbdrone... strange no?

Ok i understand that there is a lot of ongoing work around the update of nzbdrone; i'll follow them because i really love this app!!!

But just to be sure, as i don't want to bother you with that; could you just let me (us) a simple how to for updating nzbdrone via command lines? Thanks in advance.

Renaud

MrK

Post by MrK »

renocz wrote:Morning Thomas,

Thank you again for your explainations.

First, i tried to update via your package and i don't know why but each time it saids that mono is required but i have your version up and running on my nas as i'm already using nzbdrone... strange no?

Ok i understand that there is a lot of ongoing work around the update of nzbdrone; i'll follow them because i really love this app!!!

But just to be sure, as i don't want to bother you with that; could you just let me (us) a simple how to for updating nzbdrone via command lines? Thanks in advance.

Renaud
Hey Renaud,

> First, i tried to update via your package and i don't know why but each time it saids that mono
It now uses the official Mono from ASUSTOR. That's what you have to install, then update to the latest NzbDrone and after that you can remove my version of Mono.

> could you just let me (us) a simple how to for updating nzbdrone via command lines?
Sure, I didn't answer that part, Sorry. Okey, here is how you do it:
The NzbDrone files itself are in the folder /user/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/NzbDrone. For the below you don't have to stop NzbDrone, just let it run
  1. Download the latest NzbDrone from NzbDrone
  2. Unpack the NzbDrone.master.tar.gz to the nzbdrone folder

tar cvzf NzbDrone.master.tar.gz -C /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone
  3. Restart NzbDrone using the 'Restart' button found on the NzbDrone web-GUI, in the 'System' view ('Restart' button is right next to the 'Shutdown' button)
The above works for up- or downgrading. Not sure if it 3) works for versions below 2.0.0.1397. Of course an ordinary stop/start from the command line works too (restart won't work since I haven't worked on that in the script yet).
renocz

Post by renocz »

As usual, thanks a lot!

Your tuto is quite simple to use ;)

I have this message now:
mono version is less than 3.2, upgrade for improved stability
but if you modify it like that i assume it should work correctly ;)

Don't hesitate if you want a beta tester for your modifications !

Cheers,

Renaud

MrK

Post by MrK »

renocz wrote:As usual, thanks a lot!
[..]I have this message now:
mono version is less than 3.2, upgrade for improved stability
[...]
Didn't you get this message before, too? Of course now the Mono version is below 3.2 (3.0.12) but I did also get that message before with mono 3.2.

And later this week I'll modify the update script from a Syno member (if I get the permission) so you only have to run that script.

> Don't hesitate if you want a beta tester for your modifications !
I'll keep that in mind :)

cu
Thomas
renocz

Post by renocz »

MrK wrote: Didn't you get this message before, too? Of course now the Mono version is below 3.2 (3.0.12) but I did also get that message before with mono 3.2.
Nope, no message before the migration to asustor's mono.
MrK wrote: And later this week I'll modify the update script from a Syno member (if I get the permission) so you only have to run that script.
Perfect! I hope he will give you the opportunity to adapt it to asustor nas.

MrK

Post by MrK »

renocz wrote:Nope, no message before the migration to asustor's mono.
I see. I just realized that it maybe was due to the fact that I had ASUSTOR Mono installed too. And NzbDrone's check for Mono did return the version of their Mono and mine.
However, ASUSTOR contacted me just a few minutes ago and their R&D will get in contact with me regarding upgrading Mono. We'll see how that goes.

/Thomas
MrK

Post by MrK »

I update the NzbDrone package:
  • changed versioning of the package to use a date rahter than the version. Since one can upgrade manually from CLI and then version information won't be correct anyway.
  • fixed start-stop script. Up to version 2.0.0.1397-r1 stopping NzbDrone did stop all Mono processes (oops). Now it uses the PID file provided by NzbDrone itself.
  • added upgrade script. Run:

/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/upgrade.sh -b master
    to get the latest 'normal' version. It does not check if the version is newer than the one actually installed.

/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/upgrade.sh -b develop
    to get lastest development version. Again, no version check is done.
The previous version of NzbDrone is renamed and can be found in

/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/NzbDrone.bkp
Have fun
Thomas

Return to “NzbDrone”