nzbDrone package

NZBDrone is a PVR for newsgroup users. It can monitor multiple RSS feeds for new episodes of your favourite shows and will grab, sorts and renames them. It can also be configured to automatically upgrade the quality of files already downloaded if a better quality format becomes available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

xistenz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

nzbDrone package

Post by xistenz »

I've been a long time sickbeard user and stumbled across nzbDrone recently. It uses mono and I notice the framework is maintained by Asustor. I am looking for help on how I can run this on my new device.

http://nzbdrone.com/
MrK

Re: nzbDrone package

Post by MrK »

xistenz wrote:I've been a long time sickbeard user and stumbled across nzbDrone recently. It uses mono and I notice the framework is maintained by Asustor. I am looking for help on how I can run this on my new device.

Hi,

I'll gave it a go and have created a handcrafted packages which ... not really shows anything. If connected by a browser I get "500 Server Error" but if I do the same using telnet (e.g. telnet <IP of NAS> 8989 and then GET /system/status HTTP/1.1, Host: <name of NAS> ) I get the web code back. So it may be a problem of NzbDrone or Mono or the NAS itself.
It's for AS-20xT/AS-20xTE/AS-30xT only for now because you have to provide sqlite3 and mediainfo (optional for starter) libraries.

So what NAS do you have? If it's one of the above you could get the package and try from there. If you got the AS-60xT I'd be able to create a package for it but without mediainfo for now.

cu
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
xistenz

Post by xistenz »

MrK wrote:
xistenz wrote:I've been a long time sickbeard user and stumbled across nzbDrone recently. It uses mono and I notice the framework is maintained by Asustor. I am looking for help on how I can run this on my new device.

Hi,

I'll gave it a go and have created a handcrafted packages which ... not really shows anything. If connected by a browser I get "500 Server Error" but if I do the same using telnet (e.g. telnet <IP of NAS> 8989 and then GET /system/status HTTP/1.1, Host: <name of NAS> ) I get the web code back. So it may be a problem of NzbDrone or Mono or the NAS itself.
It's for AS-20xT/AS-20xTE/AS-30xT only for now because you have to provide sqlite3 and mediainfo (optional for starter) libraries.

So what NAS do you have? If it's one of the above you could get the package and try from there. If you got the AS-60xT I'd be able to create a package for it but without mediainfo for now.

cu
Thomas

I have the AS-302T - Thanks!
MrK

Post by MrK »

Okey,

For Testing and Play-Around only.
Install the NzbDrone package, it depends on Mono 3.0.12 from ASUSTOR. Updating from a earlier version keeps the configuration. After updating to version 2.0.0.1397 (and later) you can remove the Mono 3.2 package I provided for earlier versions.

Update: Just figured out that it won't work on 64-bit ASUSTOR (AS-60xT) at the moment (ASUSTORs libMonoPosixHelper.so is compiled agains an newer version of libc). To fix that manually:
  1. Stop NzbDrone
  2. Rename libMonoPosixHelper.so library that comes with Mono

Code: Select all

mv /usr/local/AppCentral/mono/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.so /usr/local/AppCentral/mono/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.so.disabled
  3. Start NzbDrone
link to NzbDrone 20140514-r1 (v2.0.0.1397) for ANY

/Update 2014-05-14: Fix start-stop script and add upgrade script. To upgrade you can now run a script from the command line

/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/upgrade.sh -b master for the lastest 'normal' version

/usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdrone/CONTROL/upgrade.sh -b develop for the lastest development version
/Update 2014-05-12: Update NzbDrone to version 2.0.0.1397
/Update 2014-04-18: Update NzbDrone to version 2.0.0.1344
/Update 2014-03-23: Update package for NzbDrone to work on all ASUSTOR NAS'. Add Mono 3.2.8 for AS-60xT and a fixed version for AS-20xT/20xTE/30xT. If you installed the previous version there is no reason to update. If you do install the update NzbDrone package you have to install the updated Mono packages, too.

--- below not necessary for NzbDrone v2.0.0.1397 and above ---
Something with the Mono provided by ASUSTOR isn't compiled right (64-bit libraries on 32-bit cpu, I'll get in contact with them. And NzbDrone won't work with 64-bit Mono from ASUSTOR either right now) so I had to compile it myself. That's why I choose the latest version. It would work with 3.0.12 (compiled that too, to check).

You get to install both of the below packages (Mono first). The below Mono does not interfer with the one from ASUSTOR. It is named "mono32" and ASUSTORs is named "mono". So installation is safe. Nothing get's installed outside of the app directories - well a symbolic link is created (more below).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--- mono 3.2 packages are not needed anymore for NzbDrone 2.0.0.1397 and above ---
link for Mono 3.2.8 for AS-20xT/AS-20xTE/AS-30xT
link for Mono 3.2.8 for AS-60xT

--- OLD and only for AS-20xT/AS-20xTE/AS-30xT ---
link for Mono 3.2.8 for AS-20xT/AS-20xTE/AS-30xT
link to NzbDone v2.0.0.1269 for AS-20xT/AS-20xTE/AS-30xT
-------------------------------------------------------------

NzbDone runs as 'admin' user/group and therefore the app data are stored in the 'admin' users home. Since I think it's a good idea to keep everything related to an app in one place the startup script creates an symbolic link from the app home to the users home:

ln -s /usr/local/AppCentral/nzbdone/config /volume1/home/admin/.config/NzbDone
In the package folder there are the libraries for sqlite3 and mediainfo.
Sqlite3 has to be compiled with CPPFLAGS="-D SQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA" since the stock one does miss that feature (see on github for a discussion about Syno and NzbDone where the same problem came up).

Mmmh, I guess that's it - you can take it from here :) ... of course the goal should be to have ASUSTOR fix their Mono so you don't have to provide your own. And NzbDone really got a beautiful interface I have to say.

/Thomas/
Last edited by MrK on Wed May 14, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
xistenz

Post by xistenz »

I had a chance to try it tonight and I have to say... it's working great! Post processing is a lot cleaner, no permission issues, better show grabbing/mgmt, etc. I recommend anyone who is currently using sickbeard to give this a try.

Thanks again!

Followup:
error log shows
/home/jane/Projects/mono-3.2.8/mcs/class/System/System.Net/HttpWebRequest.cs:1429 being called out. It doesn't seem have a big impact on the app.
MrK

Post by MrK »

Update the packages: now NzbDrone is for ANY ASUSTOR NAS (including libsqlite and libmediainfo for the two archs). Fix Mono 3.2.8 to work with the ANY NzbDrone package.

If you installed the previous version there is no reason to update. If you do decide to install the updated NzbDrone package you have to install the updated Mono packages, too.
iTrondsen

Post by iTrondsen »

Thanks for this package! Is it possible for you to update it to newest version(2.0.0.1319)? I get alot of [GET] Internal Server Error : /api/health errors. Not sure if its related to NzbDrone or MONO?
I also see on their change logs that they have made some nice updates.

I am running on a AS-606T.

I am totaly new to this. Only ran NzbDrone on windows before.

Again thanks for this amazing package!
MrK

Post by MrK »

iTrondsen wrote:Thanks for this package! Is it possible for you to update it to newest version(2.0.0.1319)? I get alot of [GET] Internal Server Error : /api/health errors. Not sure if its related to NzbDrone or MONO?
I also see on their change logs that they have made some nice updates.
[...]
Again thanks for this amazing package!
Hello, I have updated NzbDrone to latest version 2.0.0.1344. And: welcome :)
iTrondsen

Post by iTrondsen »

Thanks! Now the errors are gone:)

Great work MrK
renocz

Post by renocz »

Hi Guys!

First, thanks a lot MrK, i didn't know NZBDRONE before today and to be honest i really love it!!

I'm using your package on an asustor AS-302T with SABNZBD and it seems to work perfectly!

I have some questions / features request for you.
1) do you plan to discuss with asustor to push it on appcentral?
2) do you think it's possible to put an auto update feature?
3) how to update currently?
4) will you prepare an updated release??

Many thanks for you answers!

Cheers,

Renaud

NAS: Synology DS210J + 2 To // Asustor AS302T + Western Red 4 To

Other:Raspberry PI XBMC // NUC d34010wyk XBMC 13.0 // Macbook Pro 15" 2013
Iphone 5s // Galaxy S3 // Ipad 3 //Ipad Mini

Return to “NzbDrone”