AiMaster Needs MAC Address option

AiMaster is ASUSTOR’s NAS management app for mobile devices that allows you to easily remote control all your NAS devices no matter if you are a home user or IT administrator.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

scoutfu
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AiMaster Needs MAC Address option

Post by scoutfu »

I have a 604T and a 608T and I have been able to wake them up and access them remotely no problem, but I have always had problems getting this program to connect.

I realised this evening that my phone was not on my ADM White List, so if I disable the white list i can connect to them fine, as long as they use different ports.

But I want to use the White List, which only uses IP address and my mobile one will constantly change... unlike its MAC address.

Would it not make more sense to be able to enter a MAC address into AiMaster... as well as Network Defender !?

Hang on, if i enable the White Lists on both NAS, how come I can connect to Plex no problem, but not AiMaster?
damien599901

Re: AiMaster Needs MAC Address option

Post by damien599901 »

scoutfu wrote:I have a 604T and a 608T and I have been able to wake them up and access them remotely no problem, but I have always had problems getting this program to connect.

I realised this evening that my phone was not on my ADM White List, so if I disable the white list i can connect to them fine, as long as they use different ports.

But I want to use the White List, which only uses IP address and my mobile one will constantly change... unlike its MAC address.

Would it not make more sense to be able to enter a MAC address into AiMaster... as well as Network Defender !?

Hang on, if i enable the White Lists on both NAS, how come I can connect to Plex no problem, but not AiMaster?
do you use the Cloud ID for AiMaster ?
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
scoutfu

Post by scoutfu »

No, and why did you feel the need to quote what i said, then reply rather than just reply, that looks so silly :)

Do you mean using Asus Webstorage... oh no I see, Ease of Access, Cloud Connect.
That requires uPNP which I would prefer not to enable on my router.

http://www.howtogeek.com/122487/htg-exp ... rity-risk/
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello scoutfu,

Having a MAC address whitelist only works for devices attached to the same network as the NAS. Every IP address behind a router will not have it's MAC address reveiled.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656

Return to “AiMaster”