play sound in aimusic on nas

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!
Raffie1987
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

play sound in aimusic on nas

Post by Raffie1987 »

I have connected my Nas to a suround system by spdif. Is it possible to select a music file in aimusic and let it play on the home cinema or does it only play on my phone? If it's possible, how can i fix it?
Tsburt

Re: play sound in aimusic on nas

Post by Tsburt »

Not a solution per se - but if you're an apple user, you can use the iTunes server app on the nas and Apple remote app on your phone/iPad and that will playback over speakers. I haven't been able to figure out how to do same with Aimusic.
Raffie1987

Post by Raffie1987 »

Is there also a solution for Android? I have an android phone and tablet.
Hitsuji

Post by Hitsuji »

I support your request!
Streaming the music to my phone and back to my sound system eats up my phone battery and causes unnecessary wifi traffic!
- Please add a button inside the app to enable direct play NAS ---HDMI/Audio Jack---> sound system
- when browsing through the artists (or albums or whatever...) a sidebar with all the letters of the alphabet would help a lot to directly jump to this initial letter (just like in apples music app or in every other existing app with listings...).
marcflo

Post by marcflo »

Tsburt wrote:Not a solution per se - but if you're an apple user, you can use the iTunes server app on the nas and Apple remote app on your phone/iPad and that will playback over speakers. I haven't been able to figure out how to do same with Aimusic.
I also have an iPhone albeit an older one But the "remote app" is unable to be installed even after restoring the phone to latest ios ... apple do not have a solution.
marcflo

Post by marcflo »

Raffie1987 wrote:Is there also a solution for Android? I have an android phone and tablet.
Yatse is an app i use to do this ... But my library does/will not show up after much frustration in the "Music" section and have to browse files/playlists every time ... this is not a fault of Yaste, all my apps connecting to the NAS refuse to show any media on the NAS.

I must say asustor support and general UI interaction is very disappointing.

Return to “Feature Requests”