APK: Transmission 2.84 (ADM 2.2)

Fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client daemon, which can be controlled through desktop, mobile applications or web gui.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

mafredri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: APK: Transmission 2.84 (ADM 2.2)

Post by mafredri »

Alchi wrote:How I can configure "watching directory" feature in Transmission? It's very handy when you have several PC's at home. I used it in Utorrent but I don't see it in the Transmission now.
You must first stop Transmission (make sure that it isn't running, no need to uninstall). Then you must modify the settings file manually. If you have installed the APK from this thread, then it will be located in /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config otherwise I think the App Central version uses /volume1/Downloads/.transmission
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
Storage: AS-604T with 3GB RAM (Kingston KVR1333D3S8S9/2G)
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

Hi Mafredi,

using your APK (the one on the appstore is a disaster).

The only problem found so far is that it lets everyone in.
Even if the settings require a password, one can log in with whatever password without a problem.

cheers.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

dhstsw wrote:Hi Mafredi,

using your APK (the one on the appstore is a disaster).

The only problem found so far is that it lets everyone in.
Even if the settings require a password, one can log in with whatever password without a problem.

cheers.
Hi, I had only intended this APK to be a temporary fix until the one in the App Central got updated. In what way is it a disaster?

I don't mind updating my APK but it would be preferable to not have two different versions of Transmission floating around for asustor.

Cheers,
Mathias
Hi, I'm new here. Looking to be active in the community and help with development :).
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Please remember, most of the Devs/maintainers here are volunteer... Calling their work a disaster isn't particularly helpful and doesn't do much to encourage their ongoing support.
If there is a specific problem, please advise what the problem is.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

mafredri wrote: In what way is it a disaster?
Well, i have it configured to watch a dir wich get populated (if there's any match) with flexget.
The share limit is very low to avoid outgoing band saturation.
If i leave it going:

a) after a while transmission stops adding torrents from the watchdir.
b) utorrent starts creating a huge amount of outgoing trafic (even if the torrents are stopped) in a way it manages to totally saturate my connection (stopping or restarting transmission solves the situation).
c) very often it crashes by itself.
clinton.hall wrote:Please remember, most of the Devs/maintainers here are volunteer... Calling their work a disaster isn't particularly helpful and doesn't do much to encourage their ongoing support.
If there is a specific problem, please advise what the problem is.
You're totally right and i apologize to the mantainers. I guess i'm just pissed in how Asustor is handling the whole situation (ADM and 'official' apps in primis).

C.
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

dhstsw wrote:Well, i have it configured to watch a dir wich get populated (if there's any match) with flexget.
The share limit is very low to avoid outgoing band saturation.
If i leave it going:

a) after a while transmission stops adding torrents from the watchdir.
b) utorrent starts creating a huge amount of outgoing trafic (even if the torrents are stopped) in a way it manages to totally saturate my connection (stopping or restarting transmission solves the situation).
c) very often it crashes by itself.
I see, that's really unfortunate. Have you contacted the developer about these problems? One thing to keep in mind though is that the App Central version transmission and mine are completely incompatible.

Mine stores configuration files under: /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config/
whereas the App Central one stores them in: /volume1/Download/.transmission ?

Also, to change settings manually in the configuration file, transmission must first be stopped (disabled) in the App Central, it does not support making modifications to the config file while it is running (this is just how transmission works).

Regards,
Mathias
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

mafredri wrote: I see, that's really unfortunate. Have you contacted the developer about these problems?
Well, not the developer: i have transmission 2.84 on a couple of different devices and the problems are only on Asustor.
Maybe you meant the mantainer/porter: nope, i was hoping on a fix (wich, as far i understand, would be anyway needed cause of the openssl question).
mafredri wrote: Mine stores configuration files under: /usr/local/AppCentral/transmission/config/
whereas the App Central one stores them in: /volume1/Download/.transmission ?
Just a matter of moving a settings.json around, not a problem at all :)
mafredri wrote: Also, to change settings manually in the configuration file, transmission must first be stopped (disabled) in the App Central, it does not support making modifications to the config file while it is running (this is just how transmission works).
Yup, as every transmission porting :)

Thanks.
AS-304T
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

dhstsw wrote:Well, not the developer: i have transmission 2.84 on a couple of different devices and the problems are only on Asustor.
Maybe you meant the mantainer/porter: nope, i was hoping on a fix (wich, as far i understand, would be anyway needed cause of the openssl question).
Ah yes, the maintainer is what I meant (developer of apkg was my thought). I would recommend contacting him as he might not be aware of the problems. As far as I know he is not active on these forums.
dhstsw wrote:Just a matter of moving a settings.json around, not a problem at all :)
Ok, so does this solve your problem or does the password still not apply?

Cheers,
Mathias
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

mafredri wrote: Ok, so does this solve your problem or does the password still not apply?
Nope, password is ignored.

For the rest, i guess i'll resort back to the rasPI, that does overall a much better job in all the non strictly-storage jobs.

Thanks.
AS-304T
mafredri

Post by mafredri »

dhstsw wrote:Nope, password is ignored.

For the rest, i guess i'll resort back to the rasPI, that does overall a much better job in all the non strictly-storage jobs.

Thanks.
Are you sure your config is right? Have you set:

Code: Select all

"rpc-authentication-required": false,
to

Code: Select all

"rpc-authentication-required": true,
in settings.json?

Works perfectly for me, and with the default settings the login details are admin/admin. Maybe you have saved the login information in your browser or some such?

Regards,
Mathias

Return to “transmission”