Scan existing folders

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.
Astrolabe
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Scan existing folders

Post by Astrolabe »

I feel sure this is a dumb question but I have not been able to find any information to help me.

I have just installed Photo Gallery on my AS604T and copied my photo library into the folder the installation created: /volume1/PhotoGallery. When I open the app I can see all the folders listed as albums but almost all are empty.

How can I tell Photo Gallery to scan the contents of the folders to create albums?

Uploading the photos doesn't make any sense seeing as they're already there but it doesn't seem to be an option in any case - the "Upload from NAS" folder list does not include PhotoGallery.

Any help or advice will be very welcome - thank you.
Astrolabe

Re: Scan existing folders

Post by Astrolabe »

Definitely a dumb questions. I discovered that the recommended version in the App Store is the very old one that can't do directory structure. I have now installed the Beta version which is now very busy doing something - presumably the scan I asked for in the first place.

Oh well - I hope if anyone else falls into the same trap, my experience may help them.
Astrolabe

Post by Astrolabe »

This software is truly awful; it is so slow no one will will be able to use without tearing their hair out. Does anyone actually use it?
sigvind

Post by sigvind »

I'm using he APP (2.0.0.r936) for my photo library, and I'm starting to like it.
I dumped in roughly 150Gb of pictures in one go, which made my AS5004T/8GB quite busy with thumbnail building for about 2 days, but in compensation, the serving of images once this is finished is quite usable in my opinion. It seems that the processing involves creating various versions of the images with different resolution, and a link to the original, plus other metadata.
It is even at the verge of being useful on the go through the Apple mobile APP (~15Mbit/s line out), and I successfully used he load pictures to my library with the camera roll direct loading during a 4w holiday with intensive shooting (think the Wi-Fi had 1.2Mbit/s upload capacity where I was the main part of the time).
The camera roll direct upload function didn't work well on a Samsung S6 Android that I set up for my wife though. Flaky and hanging and instances of duplication of files it seems.

I'm wanting more flexibility on configuration of permissions and support for deeper folder structures and generation of cover photos for folders that have only sub-folders, picking from any of the subfolders.
sksbir

Post by sksbir »

Hello

Question is still open for me : I'm looking for a solution for a mass import in photogallery. Copying a directory tree containing several folders and subfolders in /share/photogallery works once app is stopped and restarted on the NAS, but the whole folders are seen has a unique album.

example of current folder structure : myimages--> year --> subject(=album)
I want to report the same structure in photogallery
currently using photogallery 2.0.1.r225 on my NAS, and AiFoto 2.0.7 on android.

EDIT : solved, but weird : new directory structure beyongs to admin. Once connected with admin to photogallery and giving access rights to users involved in using the albums, everything becames OK. Before that, weird behaviour : only root photos were visible with android client, all photos were visible with html interface, without showing directory ( eg : subalbums ) structure...

Return to “Photo Gallery”