Photo Gallery3 - No DateTimeOriginal before 1970?

Photo Gallery is a dedicated web photo album that makes photo management easy. The interface is clean and concise with albums appearing in the album list consisting of a cover photo and 4 smaller thumbnail photos.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

WendelinWerner
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Photo Gallery3 - No DateTimeOriginal before 1970?

Post by WendelinWerner »

Good evening!
I am running Photogallery 3 on Asustor AS6302T ADM 3.5.2.RAG2

I tried to bring in the Photogallery folder some pictures with EXIF DateTimeOriginal "1963-08-01" and "1962-06-01"
In "Folder" view, both pictures were shown correctly, also in the "last added" album
The timeline however did sort them with the FileModifyDate - when I changed the DateTimeOriginal manually to "1973-08-01" and "1972-06-01" both pictures appeared correctly in the timeline.

Is it possible, that PhotoGallery excludes pictures older then 50 years?

Some kind of age discrimination...

Best regards

Wendelin
S_Racing

Re: Photo Gallery3 - No DateTimeOriginal before 1970?

Post by S_Racing »

I can confirm that this bug (highly assume its not a feature) still exists in the latest ADM Version (ADM 4.1.0.RKM1)

The date can not be modified in the app for a date before 1970 (Error Code pointing to "File does not exist.....").

In case the 'Recording Date' is changed through Windows / SMB to a date before 1970, all my photos with a 'Recording Date' before 1970 are sorted wrongly, using the 'Modified Date'.
That brings up a arkward view whenever using this app since historic photos show up in between photos recently added to Photo Gallery 3.

Is there a plan to fix this issue?

Regards
Marcus

Return to “Photo Gallery”