Asustor Portal disabling itself

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal
phantasmnz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: Asustor Portal disabling itself

Post by phantasmnz »

Glad I could help - this had me bashing my head on the wall trying to get display settings that worked in Xorg to no avail and then I accidentaly discovered the TV was happy with a 1080p signal but didn't let X start up if it was conencted. Final part of the puzzle was that XBMC would only play if I switched the portal (and therefore Xorg) to 1080i
Hitsuji

Post by Hitsuji »

Seems to be fixed now with ADM2.1 and Portal 1.0.1.
Now I can restart my NAS without unplugging the TV and even start XBMC automatically.
phantasmnz

Post by phantasmnz »

Awesome - looks like the multi-resolution fixes were done for 2.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sudeep

Post by sudeep »

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my AS-602 not recognizing my Samsung TV (PS50550) when it restarts, with error 'no signal found', but if I plug the hdmi cable to my LG monitor, it works fine. But then if I switch back the hdmi cable to my Samsung TV, it suddenly detects signal now and works. So basically, if I restart my NAS, I will have to first hook up hdmi cable to my LG monitor and then back to Samsung TV in order for my TV to work (yea, what a pain, especially because I have configured my NAS to go to sleep everyday 3am and wake up 10 am in the morning, which means I need to do the hdmi switch process EVERY single day). If I don't find a solution or workaround to this problem soon, I can disable the sleep schedule, but that is not the solution really.

After reading this and some other posts here (http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2559), I figured it is somewhat a common problem with ASPortal not recognizing some of the (old) TV resolution at start. I installed the new Beta 2.1 ADM yesterday but still no luck. Good to hear that this has fixed @Hitsuji's problem, but mine is still the same. I wanted to try @phantasmnz's workaround of switching to 1080i, but when it is connected to my Samsung TV and I try to scan resolution in ASPortal, it errors out saying "can't find device. ref. 5015". Connecting to my LG monitors shows a list of different resolutions in the format 1920x1080@60, but which one corresponds to 1080i? My understanding was both 1080p and i are 1920x1080 but different scan type.

So from all this, looks like my NAS portal does not recognize my TV at all, but when connected to the LG monitor, it sets the resolution to 1920x1080@60, to which my TV is happy with, and works. Upgrading to beta 2.1 which says better resolution and app start support hasn't fixed it for me. So what are my options really? I would really really appreciate any help, workarounds, ideas to troubleshoot, anything.
BeanR

Post by BeanR »

My portal was starting to acting weird, so I disable the program.
Now its wont enable. I have tried to restart 6 times and shut it down 2 times. Dosent work
Is there a fix to it?
orion

Post by orion »

BeanR wrote:My portal was starting to acting weird, so I disable the program.
Now its wont enable. I have tried to restart 6 times and shut it down 2 times. Dosent work
Is there a fix to it?
Mine is working fine. Do you get any error dialog messages? Or just simply blank screen with enabled Portal App in ADM page?
I think it is a good idea to send a support request to asustor at the same time.
BeanR

Post by BeanR »

Its through appcentral. When Im trying to switch to enable it turn to disable by it self.
So I cant use xbmc :(
orion

Post by orion »

That's weird. It may be caused by wrong privileges on certain directories. I'll recommend you to try ADM 2.2 beta (get it from asustor web site). Or it's a good idea to send a support request to check you condition.
zakspop

Post by zakspop »

Try rebooting NAS. I seem to have to reboot once a week.
marty99

Post by marty99 »

Well, same here. Upgraded to ADM 2.2. Portal is basically not starting...
Tried the workarounds, no luck there either.

Again, Asustor is disappointing me. Its nice to offer features like HDMI output, yet it has to work, regardless of what you hook it up to...
I didn't buy this piece of equipment in hopes of using workarounds to make it work. Get the point?? Come on Asustor, release a software that works for once.

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”