Plex on Asustor Portal

Enjoy high definition brilliance with your NAS and ASUSTOR Portal
FMPanda
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Plex on Asustor Portal

Post by FMPanda »

I recently updated ADM and Plex on my AS3102T v2 which is connected to my TV via HDMI. Prior to upgrading I was able to use Plex through the Portal, but after updating, Plex is no longer on the menu. Plex is installed and running, I can access it from the ADM on my PC, and other devices through DLNA. I can also access it using the Samsung app on a TV on the network. I would like to be able to watch my media on the tv connected via HDMI. How can I do this now?
orion

Re: Plex on Asustor Portal

Post by orion »

I guess you installed Plex media sever, rather than player. Try to find "Plex Media Player" under App Central.
FMPanda

Post by FMPanda »

Yeah, guess that was it. Why was it uninstalled at update? It doesn't really work now. The player is stuttering and choppy. Why can't they not fix things that aren't broken?
orion

Post by orion »

mm... I did not install Plex player. However I think you can try myHD: viewforum.php?f=227

On the other hand, you can try to use KODI:
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=9979
viewtopic.php?f=98&t=10451&p=33789#p33789
asusabc123

Post by asusabc123 »

Yes, me too... I dont see any Plex player on portal or any other player.
And when I try workaround to use Plex server on this NAS, my 4k 264 videos are forced to transcode ( very ugly blury slow picture ) to my samsung UHD TV, wtf.
I am not able to force direct stream to TV, even other way via USB mp4 file is playing smootly on TV
A.
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
asusabc123 wrote:Yes, me too... I dont see any Plex player on portal or any other player.
And when I try workaround to use Plex server on this NAS, my 4k 264 videos are forced to transcode ( very ugly blury slow picture ) to my samsung UHD TV, wtf.
I am not able to force direct stream to TV, even other way via USB mp4 file is playing smootly on TV
A.
As suggested by "orion" ... you can try myHD APKG and MH18-pmp (Plex Media Player) companion application of myHD
BUT at all result depends of the capacity of your NAS to support 4K and to be able to support hardware decoding of x264 (certainly) or x265 (less Intel I.G.P. have the capacity) and for x265 also the capability of the IGP to accelerate profile 8 (main) or / and 10

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “ASUSTOR Portal”