uTorrent is now completely useless on my AS-302T...:(

Darwyn
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

uTorrent is now completely useless on my AS-302T...:(

Post by Darwyn »

AS-302T

uTorrent ver 20140422.

Best I can tell I'm having two problems combined.

#1 If I DL a torrent and then reboot my NAS the torrents will not start again automatically. They are stuck as stopped unless I delete them and re add them which resets my share ratio and takes far too much time.

#2 When I add torrents they often don't work. Sometimes they get stuck at "checked 0.0" other times it says they are downloading yet it never actually DLs anything. I know the router is allowing the traffic past because certain other torrents work but if one randomly decides to break then it becomes a huge pain in the ass to get it to actually DL.

The worst part of all this is it appears to be totally random whether it works or not. It's extremely frustrating. I've seen allot of suggestions to solve one or the other of these issues but nothing seems to actually work. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one having these problems. Do I need to regress my uTorrent backwards or will this be fixed soon? IE less than a week.
AS-302T
2 x WD30EFRX 3TB Red
clinton.hall

Re: uTorrent is now completely useless on my AS-302T...:(

Post by clinton.hall »

Darwyn wrote: The worst part of all this is it appears to be totally random whether it works or not. It's extremely frustrating. I've seen allot of suggestions to solve one or the other of these issues but nothing seems to actually work. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one having these problems. Do I need to regress my uTorrent backwards or will this be fixed soon? IE less than a week.
If this is fixed (at all) it is not likely to be soon.
uTorrent is not open-source, so I can't compile... I have to wait for the utorrent team to release another binary for it.
uTorrent is primarily a Windows tool and has been ported to Linux without much support. Many private trackers do not accept utserver connection (this is likely why some downloads never start).

For Linux, you are better off using Transmission or Deluge (The deluge App here is really good and the maintainer knows his stuff ;) )

If a new uTorrent version is released, I'll try to support it here and if anyone finds information to suggest fixes that are used on other Linux systems, I can try and look at those... but for now I believe these are limitations of the binary itself.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
gibxxi

Re: uTorrent is now completely useless on my AS-302T...:(

Post by gibxxi »

Well it looks as if the download folder regressions/settings not sticking have been fixed according to THIS post.

It's uTorrent, Transmission or bust for me. I'd like to try Deluge, but as Headphones doesn't support it, that's a no-no. Transmission is insecure and uTorrent is buggy as hell. My Happy place seems far away at this point. Moved to Asustor (from ReadyNAS Pro 4) in the hope of getting around some of these issues. Ho-hum.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)

Return to “uTorrent”