Plex does not start on Asustor Nimbustor 2 AS5202T

Plex Media Center bridges the gap between your NAS and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media.
Green_Blue
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Plex does not start on Asustor Nimbustor 2 AS5202T

Post by Green_Blue »

Asustor Nimbustor 2: ADM version 3.4.6.RDF3
Plex Server Version#: 1.18.6.2368-97add474d

Hi
Last night I was watching a video via my Plex server on Asustor Nimbustor 2 AS5202T which I've been using for months without any problems.
Suddenly Plex was unavailable (while other applications on my NAS functioned without problems).
So I first tried to restart my server, but I couldn't open Plex anymore via devices on my network.
So I uninstalled it on my NAS and installed the new Plex version via App Central (1.18.6), again without success.
Then I also upgraded the ADM version of the NAS to the newest version, unfortunately again without success.
Plex doesn't seem to start anymore. When I click the Plex Icon via the webinterface of Asustor, it simply redirects me to a page saying "This site can’t be reached. [server IP] refused to connect."
When I click on the Activity Monitor in the Asustor Web interface, under processes, I cannot see a Plex application running.

I’ve tried updating manually to Plex version 1.18.7.2438-f342a5a43 as well, which is available on the Plex website, but this doesn’t help - it doesn’t seem to start.

Anyone any idea how to solve this?
Thanks.

I've also put this on the Plex Help Forum, as I have no idea which of the two is the problem.
https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-does-not- ... 02t/546546
father.mande

Re: Plex does not start on Asustor Nimbustor 2 AS5202T

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Try to start Plex manually

open a ssh terminal user : root (not admin) password : your_admin_password

then
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/CONTROL
start shell to get the output
/bin/sh ./start-stop.sh start
eventually start it in debug mode
/bin/sh -x ./start-stop.sh start

Post output here ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Green_Blue

Post by Green_Blue »

father.mande wrote:Hi,

Try to start Plex manually

open a ssh terminal user : root (not admin) password : your_admin_password

then
cd /usr/local/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/CONTROL
start shell to get the output
/bin/sh ./start-stop.sh start
eventually start it in debug mode
/bin/sh -x ./start-stop.sh start

Post output here ...

Philippe.
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I've tried these steps via Mac Terminal connecting via SSH to my NAS.

I get this output:

root@ASUSTOR:/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/CONTROL # /bin/sh .
/start-stop.sh start
root@ASUSTOR:/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/plexmediaserver/CONTROL # Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::loadOne: database disk image is malformed (N4soci10soci_errorE)

So this might be the problem?
Any way to fix this?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Plex folder is in /volume1/Plex/Library
(also Logs and Crash report ... but when started ... it's why I suggest the manual start)

Please follow the Linux procedure from here (if you have the skill to ... ) ... adapt PAH to Asustor env.
Repair a corrupt database : https://support.plex.tv/articles/201100 ... 1582539393

UNFORTUNATELY Asustor (as I know) don't provide sqlite3 use in this procedure ... BUT installing Entware then sqlite3 solve the problem (as a workaround)

In all case a good idea is to call the support :
... perhaps they have tools or procedure only for A.D.M. to provide to you
... can help you to do the repair if are not sure to be able to do it.

If your database is empty or very limited ... you can restart from a fresh install BUT YOU LOST ALL YOUR SETTINGS (not the media)
... stop Plex Server
... delete all things under (so NOT the Plex folder share) normally a unique folder : /volume1/Plex/Library (or rename it to have backup)
... restart Plex ... hope they rebuild the environment (as in a standard Linux box) ... this remark is because I never do this on Asustor NAS ... only on full Linux distribution ...

... or replace stop / restart by uninstall / install ... the important thing is to delete (or rename the Library folder to don't reuse it)

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Green_Blue

Post by Green_Blue »

Thanks for your help.

I've moved the database files from my server and reinstalled Plex, and it is now working again (with an empty library).
For me I think the work to recreate my libraries is less than the hassle to repair my corrupted database.
I only hope it doesn't happen again.. then I'll be back here :)

Thanks again

Return to “Plex”