XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

uskyrt
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Post by uskyrt »

+1

Got the 202-TE and I've just spent the past 2 days trying to solve this sync issue.
Connected to Marantz NR1403
All good with analog.
No luck with slighty fancier video or audio formats.

I'll leave 'meh' feedbacks everywhere I can.
khalido

Post by khalido »

Same - I have a Onkyo and have tried every setting but nothing solves the audio sync issue. Even if I manually set it, every filetype has a different sync delay or forward so it's maddening to use.

It does work well as a NAS - but in that case why bother with Asustor when you have so many other options which at least aren't lying to you on their websites about XBMC, which a $29 Raspberry Pi runs better than a 10x the price Asustor.
TRI4X

Post by TRI4X »

I have got AS-202TE. I would have liked to use XBMC via HDMI, but I have got audio sync issue as well.

There is an update 0.12.3.r16 and its release note is: Minimized video and audio sync issue.

So as I noticed video play is smoother than before, but audio sync issue has not changed at all. There is still 500ms or more. :roll:
gubcmbx

Post by gubcmbx »

This version seems better than previous. Most of my mkv videos audio sync issue gone. :lol:
wyoung

Post by wyoung »

gubcmbx wrote:This version seems better than previous. Most of my mkv videos audio sync issue gone. :lol:
Yes, I've too noticed the audio sync is much improved now in the latest version.
AS-304T
4 X 4TB Western Digital Red in Raid 5
XBMC
uskyrt

Post by uskyrt »

Yes it's better but...
I'm still having a few issues. I need to set the audio +- 100 ms a few times.
Sometimes when I pause a video I need to set it up again.
If I download subtitles it usually means I have to tweak the audio sync again.

The impression I've got is that the nas cannot cope with memory/cpu fluctuations and the audio suffers from this.
I'm not happy with it and I'm going to get an additional nuc to avoid having these issues. Knowing this I wouldn't have bought an asustor nas.
letM3in

Post by letM3in »

Has anyone else noticed that the audio sync issue has gotten worse again following the ADM 2.3 update?

My current setup:
AS-302T
ADB 2.3.0.RBSC
XBMC 0.12.3.r17

Return to “XBMC”