XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.
orion
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Post by orion »

Kravatak wrote:Sony STR-DH50 have this parametrs - HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC, its possible problem in wrong HDMI cable?
You TV should support this lip sync function at the same time. However auto lip-sync function is not perfect. You can refer to the following article.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1160970/how-t ... -sync-work

I don't think the problem is related to HDMI cable. It's digital signal. In case you can see the clear video, there should be no problem in cable.
I think you can try to connect nas to TV directly through HDMI. (might need to set to "analog" audio output in XBMC) If it works well, it should be certain settings related to your STR-DH520.
Kravatak

Post by Kravatak »

I tried to play the same video on my PC using VLC player and over the same AV receiver and TV and no problem. When i play same video with Plex from 302T also no problem. It follows that the problem must be in XBMC.
Monolith

Post by Monolith »

I was using XBMC on Zotac ION2 PC for last 3-4 years (running XBMCbuntu). Did not have any single problem with audio synchronization at all. Now i switched to Asustor AS-304T and sadly i face audio-sync issue with DTS audio tracks. I can see that video is speeding up / slowing down even if i choose DTS Passthrough over HDMI. So it should be not a soundcard issue.

I assume this problem must be related to mplayer codec/library version or settings. So, i hope that Asustor team will resolve this problem ...as XBMC was the reason why i bought this device.
Bon3

Post by Bon3 »

I got exact same issues on my AS-302T (ADM 2.1.1.R2B2/XBMC 0.12.3.r08) with almost all my MKV. my A/V Receiver got HDMI lipsync but isnt helping at all.! i have to offset audio on almost all my files 250 ms or 400 ms, got this reply from ASUSTOR tech sup.

We think that the issue is caused by Intel driver, as a result you have an audio sync issue when connecting a receiver (HDMI audio output).
And, we have already reported to Intel to fix the issue, when they fixed the issue, we will release a new one for our users.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding

I asked of the timeframe and got this answer:

Basically we need to wait Intel response and cannot exactly tell you what the timeframe is?
But if I have got any news, I will let you know asap! and it would be a FW update.

Alternatively, we suggest that you can use UPnPv2 to play your videos and music.

We apologize for the inconvenience we have brought to you.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :oops:
Monolith

Post by Monolith »

Well this is just great. Why?

1st - Intel will do nothing to resolve this issue, as the NAS is using opensource ALSA driver.
2nd - Asustor is using more than 3 years old driver/module v1.0.23. Latest version is v1.0.27. So,why do not use this one?

I think Asustor should really look into this issue and not just wait for someone else to resolve this.
tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

Monolith wrote:Well this is just great. Why?

1st - Intel will do nothing to resolve this issue, as the NAS is using opensource ALSA driver.
2nd - Asustor is using more than 3 years old driver/module v1.0.23. Latest version is v1.0.27. So,why do not use this one?

I think Asustor should really look into this issue and not just wait for someone else to resolve this.

+1
tetsuo

Post by tetsuo »

at least allow us to roll back to previous version because audio synch was just as bad as current but with less other issues.
Since this new version I now also have subtitles cut-off issues (which cant be recalibrated for some reason)
Also the playercontrols remain partly visible under the movie which is very annoying. :evil:
orion

Post by orion »

tetsuo wrote:Also the playercontrols remain partly visible under the movie which is very annoying. :evil:
I encountered the same problem before. You may try to adjust "System -> Settings -> System -> Video output -> Video calibration -> Pixel ratio adjustment" to 1.000. I don't know why. But it works for me.
Radioactive

Post by Radioactive »

Hi there,

I am Edric, in technical support engineer in Asustor, how are you?

According to your question, may I know what is your TV model? and if you have connect a receiver, please provide the model to us.
If you have connected a receiver, please try to play a video without connecting it and make sure audio output is "Analog".

Also, would you please kindly provide a video to us for testing purpose?
Please connect to our FTP server and send the video under Public folder:
FTP server: dqe.myasustor.com
User: test
Password: test

Additionally, please go http://support.asustor.com/ and send a ticket to us.

We appreciate your cooperation :D
basil

Post by basil »

Hey Asus people:)

Don't just blame Intel for bugs: use their latest drivers and versions of the XBMC and see how things perform.
Intel won't care about those bugs, as the driver is open source, so try to find a solution for all of us that have those problems.

Return to “XBMC”