XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Currently XBMC can be used to play almost all of the popular audio and video formats around. It was designed for network playback allowing you to stream multimedia directly from your NAS via HDMI to any monitor or directly from the internet using practically any protocol available.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Kerry
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: XBMC Audio Sync Issue

Post by Kerry »

I do find that audio lag adjustment which I have made in previous version of XBMC is still kept there after upgrade to version 30. So I have to go back to each movie that I have made the adjustment and then adjust it back to 0.
Kravatak

Post by Kravatak »

hi, its something new with this issue? I have still audio sync issue when audio output setting is HDMI, when is analog then everithing is ok, but all audio formats is only stereo :(
phantasmnz

Post by phantasmnz »

There is often a lag with hdmi in any case that is why most media systems give you an option to adjust it. (It's also why for example games on ps3 etc where audio timing is important recommend using analog audio)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kravatak

Post by Kravatak »

and this never will be fixed? analog audio is not good, its only 2.0 not 5.1 :(
shifting the audio is always the same? can be set by default?
then its for me better use plex :(
Kerry

Post by Kerry »

For both my AS-604 and AS-304, I don't have audio unsync issue either through direct connection to TV or through YAMAHA V661 7.1 channel since the update 2 month ago. And do you mean that if you switch to analog then the audio will sync? Maybe you can submit a support ticket so Asustor engineer can assist you.
Kravatak

Post by Kravatak »

i try change output in XBMC to analog and then is not problem with audio sync, when is output hdmi then problem is it. i have connect AS-304 to TV through SONY STR-DH520
orion

Post by orion »

Kravatak wrote:i try change output in XBMC to analog and then is not problem with audio sync, when is output hdmi then problem is it. i have connect AS-304 to TV through SONY STR-DH520
I think phantasmnz is right. Your STR-DH520 should have an option to tune A/V synchronization manually.
Video is decoded by TV, and audio is decoded by your STR-DH520. I think that's the reason of delay. Usually nowadays, HDMI devices (both your TV and audio receiver) should support lip sync function. But it looks not for your devices (I guess).
Kravatak

Post by Kravatak »

Sony STR-DH50 have this parametrs - HDMI version 1.4a with support for 3D video, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, x.v.Color, auto lip-sync, and HDMI-CEC, its possible problem in wrong HDMI cable?
phantasmnz

Post by phantasmnz »

Have a look at this article which explains what I mean

http://hometheater.about.com/od/homethe ... chtips.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kravatak

Post by Kravatak »

i have on my AV Receiver set A/V Sync to Sync ON and problem persists :(

Return to “XBMC”