Get connected to NAS

Dmitri
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Get connected to NAS

Post by Dmitri »

Hi all,
I have Asustor AS-202TE, I tested it at home and almost all works fine and remote connection worked fine.
When I moved it to office, all works fine in local network, but I can't connect to ADM remotely outside local network.
I tried to reinitialize remote control settings and it didn't help.
Address [myserver_name].myasustor.com:8000 works in local network, but doesn't work outside it. We have mobile 4G connection at office and can't change it to wired, can problem be related to mobile connection?
Is it any way to get connection to NAS? Is it any apps can help to get connection, if not to ADM then to files at least?
MikeG.6.5

Re: Get connected to NAS

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

It sounds to me like you have a router misbehaving and preventing you from getting out to the world. uPnP is problematic at best, since the standards aren't really adhered to by router manufacturers. I would venture a guess the REAL problem though, is the 4G connection. If you had a hard wired network I would advise the following:

Code: Select all

One way to test this is to go to the Settings -> Ease of Access and see if it reports back available or not.  Then go to EZ-Router and see if the ports for various apps are showing green.

If these are working right, you may need to update cloud Connect status on the first page.  If not, then the router may be the problem.  You may have to open ports manually on the router for each of the service you want to access through the network.

As each router manufacturer has different firmware and their front end software is different, there is little more help anyone can give you without knowing the specific make and model of router you have.  
As it's not really a wired connection, any kind of interference with the 4G signal is going to affect the connection to the NAS. These devices aren't really designed to sit in a wireless environment. If they were, WiFi/3G/4G would be built in.... :/
Dmitri

Post by Dmitri »

Ease of Access shows Ok everywhere, I can even use external address to get into NAS, but outside network it doesn't work.
Is anyone have any Ideas how to connect to NAS?
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

Dmitri wrote:Ease of Access shows Ok everywhere, I can even use external address to get into NAS, but outside network it doesn't work.
Is anyone have any Ideas how to connect to NAS?
have you tried with another port? e.g. 7999
do you see the port in your router?
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air

Return to “[Official] For AS-20X Series”