[bypassed] AS5002T corrupting files.

Backup and data protection discussion at its finest.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

sksbir
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: AS5002T corrupting files.

Post by sksbir »

sksbir wrote:......
orion wrote:If you can provide more generic script, I can help to test it with my mkv files.
Thank's orion. Any help would be apreciated :) . I'm testing ( since yesterday ) and finalizing the script. I will post a test request for volunteers in a new topic.
Nas corrupting files : what about your NAS ?

:D
sksbir

Re: [bypassed] AS5002T corrupting files.

Post by sksbir »

More than 6 month after, problem is bypassed but not solved : asustor support just asked me to use another disks that the offending ones ( Samsung HD204UI ).

After uninstall and transferring owncloud on a new real server ( NOT a another NAS ), setting up a sftp server and some other services I requested from this NAS, I finally removed volume1 to get a single disk, and bought an new Toshiba DT01ACA300 disk , which is on the compatibility list.

I'm not satisfied with the way Asustor conducts the problem. Here is my answer while closing ticket :
You can consider that this problem is closed, but you must know that I'm not satisfied with the solution :
This problem is only bypassed. not solved.
Ok, you give a compatibility list, and you can disengage your responsability if disks are not listed.
But my question is : Why do you hold a compatibility list ?
> why is this list not maintained on the other side, by disk makers ? --> isn't it because their products are supposed to work on every host ?
> why you don't have such a list when you buy a motherboard ?
> why are the offending disks working perfectly ( truecrypt + NTFS / windows 7 64b, internal disk + external disk over SATA/USB3 external adapter ) before installed in the NAS, and working perfectly again after reinstallation on intel NUC ? ( tcplay + ext4 / fedora23 has external disk over SATA/USB3 external adapter )
- You built NAS operating system over a linux operating system.
- linux may encounters problems in the same manner I had:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Linux-Ke ... 1699.shtml
https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4436

Do you know that these problems exist ? You have not shown this knowledge in your answers in this ticket.
I must warn here other customers : check your disks before buying them, and ask you why this list exists : old kernel used ?...

Return to “Backup and Data Protection”