Notification Not Working?

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

feejai
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Notification Not Working?

Post by feejai »

I was doing some maintenance on my server (adding a few shares and user names), and I happen to click over to the Storage Manager where I noticed that my Volume 2 (RAID 5) was showing that the status was in 'degraded' mode. I'm a bit disappointed that the 'Notification' under 'Settings' did not send my an email warning me of this issue (and yes I've tested it to ensure I can receive emails from the system, and I have notification set for INFO, WARNING, ERROR and CRITICAL).

I am also disappointed that from a visual sense, that the drive light is still showing green (shouldn't it be yellow or red indicating an error)? I'm not even sure how to rectify this at the moment, my 'disk 4' is showing inactive for some reason. I did a quick SMART test on the drive and it didn't show an error. How do I get this drive back online?

I love the potential these servers have, and understand that it's a new product, but it really seems that those of us who purchased these devices are BETA testing for the rest. It's not a very 'POLISHED' system to say the least.

My System is an AS-608T, running ADM 1.0.4.RBU2.
Folorin

Re: Notification Not Working?

Post by Folorin »

no, mine didnt work when the volume unmounted and when a disk became inactive.

This NAS needs some work to polish before it matches the competitors. at the moment mine hangs at least twice a day requiring a manual reboot. if this continues its going back as my trust in it is diminishing daily.
feejai

Post by feejai »

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my message. I am growing terribly uncomfortable having any of my important data on this NAS. I am not very happy spending $1,000 on a unit that should work as it's intended. Maybe they should spend less time making this thing look pretty and more time ensuring our data is safe.
Folorin wrote:no, mine didnt work when the volume unmounted and when a disk became inactive.

This NAS needs some work to polish before it matches the competitors. at the moment mine hangs at least twice a day requiring a manual reboot. if this continues its going back as my trust in it is diminishing daily.
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi feejai,

Thank you for your report, I will arrange our QA department to verify this issue (this seems like a bug).

regarding disk inactive issue, the inactive status for HDD means the HDD drop out the RAID array,
but the system still can recognize the HDD.

To get this drive back online, you can pull the drive out when NAS is power on, and then put it back.
the RAID volume should be sync the drive automatically.

in the end, I would like to get some further information to analyze this issue,
could you please help to set up a remote connection for us?

br.

Wall-E
feejai wrote:I was doing some maintenance on my server (adding a few shares and user names), and I happen to click over to the Storage Manager where I noticed that my Volume 2 (RAID 5) was showing that the status was in 'degraded' mode. I'm a bit disappointed that the 'Notification' under 'Settings' did not send my an email warning me of this issue (and yes I've tested it to ensure I can receive emails from the system, and I have notification set for INFO, WARNING, ERROR and CRITICAL).

I am also disappointed that from a visual sense, that the drive light is still showing green (shouldn't it be yellow or red indicating an error)? I'm not even sure how to rectify this at the moment, my 'disk 4' is showing inactive for some reason. I did a quick SMART test on the drive and it didn't show an error. How do I get this drive back online?

I love the potential these servers have, and understand that it's a new product, but it really seems that those of us who purchased these devices are BETA testing for the rest. It's not a very 'POLISHED' system to say the least.

ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
iPhone 4s, New iPad, iPod nano
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi Folorin,

If my memory serve me right, you only have one RAID volume.
may I know, what's your RAID volume status when a disk became inactive?

cheers,

Wall-E
Folorin wrote:no, mine didnt work when the volume unmounted and when a disk became inactive.

ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
Folorin

Post by Folorin »

degraded. up and working now for the moment, although rebooting a couple of times a day due to it hanging is beoming tiresome.

for the record mine didnt resync when i pulled the disc out and put it back in either
feejai

Post by feejai »

I tried pulling the drive with the system on and re-inserting it again. The system does not do a rebuild, drive goes back into 'inactive' state. I currenlty have 2 volumes btw, one RAID 1 (2 drive) and one RAID 5 (6 drives). I did upgrade to the lastes OS this morning before leaving for work, I will try ejecting the disk again when I get home and see if it rebuilds or if the issue still exists in 1.0.5.
WALL-E@AST wrote:Hi feejai,

Thank you for your report, I will arrange our QA department to verify this issue (this seems like a bug).

regarding disk inactive issue, the inactive status for HDD means the HDD drop out the RAID array,

To get this drive back online, you can pull the drive out when NAS is power on, and then put it back.

br.

Wall-E
feejai wrote:I was doing some maintenance on my server (adding a few shares and user names), and I happen to click over to the Storage Manager where I noticed that my Volume 2 (RAID 5) was showing that the status was in 'degraded' mode. I'm a bit disappointed that the 'Notification' under 'Settings' did not send my an email warning me of this issue (and yes I've tested it to ensure I can receive emails from the system, and I have notification set for INFO, WARNING, ERROR and CRITICAL).

Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi jeejai,

If you remove the HDD and then put it back, but the volume still in degraded mode (When NAS is power on),
could you please provide a remote connection for our engineer to investigate this issue (Actually I hope it won't happen :cry: )?
if you allow, I can pm you the information of remote connection

cheers,

Wall-E

feejai wrote:I tried pulling the drive with the system on and re-inserting it again. The system does not do a rebuild, drive goes back into 'inactive' state. I currenlty have 2 volumes btw, one RAID 1 (2 drive) and one RAID 5 (6 drives). I did upgrade to the lastes OS this morning before leaving for work, I will try ejecting the disk again when I get home and see if it rebuilds or if the issue still exists in 1.0.5.
WALL-E@AST wrote:Hi feejai,

br.

Wall-E

ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air
feejai

Post by feejai »

I thought I had already replied to this post (sorry if it's a duplicate). Please send me the PM with the instructions for the remote connection. I will check the settings when I get home from work this evening.

I tried a second time removing the drive and seeing if it rebuilds, but it just goes back to being inactive. Not that it should matter, because it didn't work in the previous version of the OS, but I did upgrade to the latest version released today.

Thank you.
WALL-E@AST wrote:Hi jeejai,

If you remove the HDD and then put it back, but the volume still in degraded mode (When NAS is power on),
could you please provide a remote connection for our engineer to investigate this issue (Actually I hope it won't happen :cry: )?
if you allow, I can pm you the information of remote connection

cheers,

Wall-E
Steve@AST

Post by Steve@AST »

Hi feejai,

Just pm you the information that I need.
please check it.

cheers,

Wall-E
ASUSTOR AS-602T
MacBook Air

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”