Issues with mapping CIFS shares

This is where you can find the latest ADM official release. Feel free to discuss any questions regarding it here.
basketballmail2
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Issues with mapping CIFS shares

Post by basketballmail2 »

Does anyone else have issues with mapping their CIFS shares on Windows?

I can't tell you since when it started but I have a new system now and wanted to mount my CIFS shares but it doesn't work anymore. It always says the username or password are wrong even though they are right (I can log in to the web interface).

The Shares I have already mounted still work but I can't mount any new ones. Tried under Windows 7 and 8.1, running ADM 2.2.1.R863.

I even tried creating a new user and that doesn't work either. So my guess is something has changed with one of the ADM Versions. When I originally mounted them it was about 2 updates ago.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Cedric
AS-606T: 3x WD 4.0TB RED RAID 5
orion

Re: Issues with mapping CIFS shares

Post by orion »

Mine is working fine under Win7. My nas version is the same as yours.
The failure might be caused by trying different user connection from a PC. Windows can allow one user from a PC to connect to a server at the same time. You might be able to check ADM -> System Information -> Online User to see which account is connecting to NAS. If you see nothing about SAMBA connection from the PC, it means you are using guest account to connect to nas.
basketballmail2

Hey Orion,

thanks for the info, I'll check into that tonight. The new Systems has no connections so far, nothing in the Windows Vault either. But I'll check again to make sure.

Yeah guest account wouldn't function because I have it disabled on the NAS.

I'll keep you informed!

Cedric
basketballmail2

Well I killed all my mapped network drives from all systems and removed all credentials everywhere and started fresh and it worked. Somehow something was going wrong since my normal PC kept connecting with the wrong login... strange. oh well another mystery solved.

Thanks!

Return to “[Official] For AS-60X Series”