Restart Apache2 - How?

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Falken
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Restart Apache2 - How?

Post by Falken »

Hi, second post in a short period of time..

I have made a couple of changes in the Apache config files, one being a theoretical fix for the Poodle-issue.

But, for the changes to take effect the server will have to be restarted. A complete NAS-restart did not do the trick.

Thanks!
orion

Re: Restart Apache2 - How?

Post by orion »

You may try to disable web server, then re-enable it again. (under ADM web -> Services -> Web Server).
Falken

Post by Falken »

orion wrote:You may try to disable web server, then re-enable it again. (under ADM web -> Services -> Web Server).
Hi and thanks for the reply.

It was a good idea, but with no luck sadly. Im guessing a support-ticket is in place due to the fact this is a old security issue that I notices was not patched the other day. If I would have been able to restart the Apache-server, everything would be good after just a little "-SSLv3" modification in a config file..

Well well..
nemezzz

Post by nemezzz »

Falken wrote:Hi, second post in a short period of time..

I have made a couple of changes in the Apache config files, one being a theoretical fix for the Poodle-issue.

But, for the changes to take effect the server will have to be restarted. A complete NAS-restart did not do the trick.

Thanks!
with help of SSH:

sh /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/init.d/S54apache2 restart

or

/volume0/usr/builtin/sbin/apache2 -k restart
Falken

Post by Falken »

nemezzz wrote:
Falken wrote:Hi, second post in a short period of time..

Thanks!
with help of SSH:

sh /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/init.d/S54apache2 restart

or

/volume0/usr/builtin/sbin/apache2 -k restart
This is Great! I am currently away from home, so I will have to try these commands when I come home. But, it looks promising!
Thank you very much for your help!
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

If you can open a port on your router for SSH you could do this remotely. By default SSH uses port 22, but I would advise you to change the port forwarding to something above 1000 and below 65000.

For example, you COULD forward port 35000 to internal IP of your NAS to port 22, then you could be fairly sure no one will likely hack into the machine, and you still have remote access to it via SSH.
Falken

Post by Falken »

MikeG.6.5 wrote:If you can open a port on your router for SSH you could do this remotely. By default SSH uses port 22, but I would advise you to change the port forwarding to something above 1000 and below 65000.

For example, you COULD forward port 35000 to internal IP of your NAS to port 22, then you could be fairly sure no one will likely hack into the machine, and you still have remote access to it via SSH.
Yes, ofcourse. I have avoided this for various reasons. Mainly, because I have not had the need until now. I usually get all my "server needs" done while at home.

But, thank you for the help!
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, I have changed the file /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.conf:
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 (modified to ->) SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3
Stop and start the Web server and voila, you will get a nice "A" rating on www.ssllabs.com when testing your https website.

P.S. @Asustor, please make this default for next firmware releases.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
Falken

Post by Falken »

Kapitein Haak wrote:Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, I have changed the file /volume0/usr/builtin/etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.conf:
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 (modified to ->) SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3
Stop and start the Web server and voila, you will get a nice "A" rating on http://www.ssllabs.com when testing your https website.

P.S. @Asustor, please make this default for next firmware releases.

Best regards,
Kapitein Haak.
Thank you.

I managed to get this working a short while after my last reply in this thread. I got other issues now, instead. See my APCu thread for this.

Return to “NAS Utilities”