Python broken

Got a question about our NAS utilities? The answer lies within.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Python broken

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

Can we get some official word on when the fix for Python will be implemented? The latest update broke several very well tested scripts/apps. The work-arounds and user supplied changes fix some of them, but not all.

Or is this going to be like the promised, but still unseen updates to Perl? Unheard of, unavailable and unsupported?
clinton.hall

Re: Python broken

Post by clinton.hall »

Hi MikeG,

I have seen a new version, so know it is in progress and that it fixes the ssl import.
This should be released very soon.

Other than ssl (stopped SickBeard) what other errors do you see, something in Deluge?
In nzbToMedia I had to update the requests module, so this needs to be manually updated to nightly build (but will push to master ASAP).
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

The media conversion scripts, that were working as expected are broken. Here are the errors:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/volume1/misc/Convert/manual.py", line 11, in <module>
    from readSettings import ReadSettings
  File "/volume1/misc/Convert/readSettings.py", line 9, in <module>
    from babelfish import Language
  File "/volume1/misc/Convert/babelfish/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
    from .converters import (LanguageConverter, LanguageReverseConverter, LanguageEquivalenceConverter, CountryConverter,
  File "/volume1/misc/Convert/babelfish/converters/__init__.py", line 6, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import iter_entry_points, EntryPoint
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources
These scripts have been bullet proof on other devices. They have been tested on Ubuntu, Synology, Windows, OSX, and even WD's NAS devices, and run flawlessly. After Asustor's updates, they no longer work.

Basically it's a re-wrapper of some SABnzb scripts that look in a folder for media, strip out any pre-packed subtitles, remux the video for MP4 H264, include AAC audio for first track and AC3 for second track. It then deletes the original file(s) and moves file by file through the directory. You can set the default language, so if there are more than one audio stream it selects the correct one for your resulting file.

This was a completely automatic process, once I made a few very minor changes to the scripts. (Pointing to folders, where FFMpeg was, etc. Basically localization for the Asustor environment.)

I guess my whole issue now seems to be, perl worked, after a fashion, until Asustor made changes and broke it. Python worked, without any modifications, but Asustor broke it as well. What else can we expect to have broken through the next "update" from Asustor? These apps don't fit the Asustor vision of a NAS mold, so they aren't getting officially supported?
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

I can confirm that pkg_resources can be imported without error on python2.7.10r10
Hopefully that will allow your scripts to run.
Someone has posted a download link to this latest version on these forums.. Test it out and see if that works.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
MikeG.6.5

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

hehe, I posted the link, and yes it does work. Thanks Clinton.

The scripts are doing what they should be doing as the media gets moved into the respective folders. Conversions happen automatically.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the script write to the system log files so I can get an AiMaster report when a video gets converted. I'm getting so close to a fully automated download/convert/sharing solution now, I can almost taste it.... :)
dhstsw

Post by dhstsw »

r10 is still not 100%.

Flexget (installed with PIP) doesn't run anymore:

Code: Select all

root@asustor:/volume1/.@root #  python /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/python/bin/flexget execute -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/python/bin/flexget", line 5, in <module>
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
  File "/usr/local/AppCentral/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 2705, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/AppCentral/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 668, in require
  File "/usr/local/AppCentral/python/lib/python2.7/site-packages/setuptools-2.0.1-py2.7.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 571, in resolve
pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: functools32
:(
AS-304T
If you own a series 2/3/6 Asustor it's very likely you won't get XBMC 13.x/Kodi.
But easily you'll end buying a kitchen from UK.
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

LooksGood doesn't work / start either. Neither the standard release or the Beta (for ADM 2.5.0).

Scratch that. It's now decided to "start", but it's not accepting any of my account credentials.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
orion

Post by orion »

gibxxi wrote:LooksGood doesn't work / start either. Neither the standard release or the Beta (for ADM 2.5.0).

Scratch that. It's now decided to "start", but it's not accepting any of my account credentials.
I have no problems on my AS304T. I think you'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it.
gibxxi

Post by gibxxi »

orion wrote:
gibxxi wrote:LooksGood doesn't work / start either. Neither the standard release or the Beta (for ADM 2.5.0).

I have no problems on my AS304T. I think you'd better to send a support request to asustor to check it.
And your running the Beta 2.5.0 firmware? A support request has already been sent regardless.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
orion

Post by orion »

gibxxi wrote: And your running the Beta 2.5.0 firmware? A support request has already been sent regardless.
Oh, I'm running with the standard latest version: 2.4.2.RIG1.

Return to “NAS Utilities”