AS4004T - App compatibility question

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

kapre
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS4004T - App compatibility question

Post by kapre »

Hi there, I was looking into buying the new AS4004T model, but:

- I looked in App Central at compatible Apps, and all the ones I want to use (eg. Plex, Retroarch) say that they are only compatible with other Asustor models, not the AS4 series? [see screenshots below].
- I thought this was odd, considering it’s a ‘New’ model; then I looked at your Support Hotline page, and none of the Hotlines are listed say they can support the AS4 series either?!

So I was just wondering if the above information is correct, or if the App Central/Support site information just hasn’t been updated yet due to the AS4’s being too new. Thanks!
asustorissue1.png
asustorissue2.png
asustorissue3.png
asustorissue4.png
kapre

Re: AS4004T - App compatibility question

Post by kapre »

Sorry, I clicked 'Place inline' for all of the screenshots, but they didn't seem to work; so I've just attached them normally this time....
Attachments
asustorissue4.png
asustorissue4.png (34.84 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
asustorissue3.png
asustorissue3.png (15.1 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
asustorissue2.png
asustorissue2.png (20.89 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
asustorissue1.png
asustorissue1.png (18.97 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
orion

Post by orion »

I guess it's a new model such that web info is not updated. You'd better to write an inquiry to make sure of it. https://www.asustor.com/en/about/contac ... iry_type=3
kapre

Post by kapre »

Okay thanks for the info orion, I'll give that a go!
Marco@ASUSTOR

Post by Marco@ASUSTOR »

kapre wrote:Hi there, I was looking into buying the new AS4004T model, but:

- I looked in App Central at compatible Apps, and all the ones I want to use (eg. Plex, Retroarch) say that they are only compatible with other Asustor models, not the AS4 series? [see screenshots below].
- I thought this was odd, considering it’s a ‘New’ model; then I looked at your Support Hotline page, and none of the Hotlines are listed say they can support the AS4 series either?!

So I was just wondering if the above information is correct, or if the App Central/Support site information just hasn’t been updated yet due to the AS4’s being too new. Thanks!
asustorissue1.png
asustorissue2.png
asustorissue3.png
asustorissue4.png
Our website info is up to date. Some apps are not yet compatible with the AS400XT because they use an entirely new CPU and need to be ported.
fizyboy

Post by fizyboy »

Plex seems to support this model now but its unclear whether Sonarr & Radarr will follow suit
The fact that AS4004t can do plex video transcoding is amazing but this app compatibility issue is the only thing that stopping me from buying it =(

Return to “Presales”