AS51xxT series

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
a.baule
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

AS51xxT series

Post by a.baule »

Hello,

I am very interesting in the AS5104T and I here to have some more information on the product before purchasing.
The only thing that is holding me back is the ability to run VMs from the NAS itself using the HDMI output and run a separate linux OS.
I also see in the website that ADM supports all CITRIX WINDOWS and VMWARE but in the description of the AS5104T it is only mention of CITRIX.

Can you give me some hints?

Thank you
Armand
DutchFIX

Re: AS51xxT series

Post by DutchFIX »

Doubtfull if this will work..

It doesn't have the power (atleast the 51** type) to run VM on the NAS.
It's a NAS for god sake..
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

None of the models run VMs directly on them. The certifications you mentioned are not for running VMware or Citrix directly from the NAS, they are certified for use with those servers. I use my NAS as a NFS drive for my VMware ESX host. Soon I'm building out a Citrix Xen server in a VM for some lab work.
DutchFIX

Post by DutchFIX »

I stand corrected...

See in another thread that QNAP has the posibility to create VM's with a special APP and available for wide range of products and processors, even an celeron type.

Asustor hasn't, maybe it's something they will release in the future. The new models are ehuh kinda new.. So maybe they havent made all the apps available for the new power thats available..

Sorry for jumping on with not having all the info :(
a.baule

Post by a.baule »

You can see the following on : http://www.anandtech.com/show/8866/asus ... l-celerons

The demo which pleased me the most was the QEMU front-end that is currently a package under beta-testing. Taking a cue from QNAP's Virtualization Station feature, Asustor is developing a package to enable ADM to act as a host OS. We saw multiple flavours of Windows running on top of a Asustor 70 series NAS. The UI is a bit basic compared to Virtualization Station, but, given the beta nature, it can definitely be excused.

That is just whyI wanted to know if this is confirmed or just a rumor...
DutchFIX

Post by DutchFIX »

a.baule wrote:You can see the following on : http://www.anandtech.com/show/8866/asus ... l-celerons

The demo which pleased me the most was the QEMU front-end that is currently a package under beta-testing. Taking a cue from QNAP's Virtualization Station feature, Asustor is developing a package to enable ADM to act as a host OS. We saw multiple flavours of Windows running on top of a Asustor 70 series NAS. The UI is a bit basic compared to Virtualization Station, but, given the beta nature, it can definitely be excused.

That is just whyI wanted to know if this is confirmed or just a rumor...
LOL yeah i was just reading that topic on Anandtech when i read somewhere here that QNAP had that option.
Looks very nice and very usefull if you need VM's.

One again sorry to kinda burn you at first...

Hope Asustor can tell if it will be something they will make for their NAS.

Edit : should read your reply first before typing mine...
Dunno maybe send an e-mail to the support of Asustor. If it is a beta app in the end it probebly will be a full package. Dunno if it's something that Asustor themselfs build or one of the community developers. What you said, the QNAP VM station is based on the free available VM thingy ;)
a.baule

Post by a.baule »

As you menton potential performance issue, have a look at this: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/nas/nas- ... n-reviewed

This has the same hardware than the as51xxt series and the tester was very positive.

Please, someone from asustor can give us some more information please?

Thank you
PlusPlus

Post by PlusPlus »

As far as I know, ASUSTOR will show a VM combination with Portal during Cebit exhibition, maybe run a vm on asustor is not a dream... :D
a.baule

Post by a.baule »

Hello,

finally we are getting somewhere with that:
http://www.asustor.com/news/news_detail?id=5803

The extract:
Newly Added Apps:

At CES ASUSTOR will also be releasing multiple Apps including Mail Server, Virtual Machine, LooksGood, and Surveillance Center 2.2...
Thanks

Return to “Presales”