Confused before buying asustor

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
Durbin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Confused before buying asustor

Post by Durbin »

Thinking about purchasing a AS-604T or a AS-304T. I´m gonna use it for backup, storage, downloading, streaming music and movies.

1. If I run RAID 1 on disk 3+4 and use disk 1 for downloading. How does the System Sleep Mode (S3) work? Does my RAID 1 go into System Sleep Mode (S3) while disk 1 is active?

2. Does AS-604T have hdmi 1.3a or 1.4? I confused because of thiese two links: http://www.asustor.com/materials/datash ... 310136.pdf = hdmi1.4 and http://www.asustor.com/product?p_id=1&lan=en#tab3 = hdmi 1.3a

3. Synology has antivirus software on there nas and is this possible on the 604 or 304? And is there any reason why I should have antivirus on my nas?

4. Why would I put 3GB ram in the 604T? I´m not sure how it would help the performance?

5. Will the 304T be good enough for my use, If yes, then what is the reasons for buying the 604T?

Thanks for your time :-)

Regards
Patrick
Radioactive

Re: Confused before buying asustor

Post by Radioactive »

Hi Durbin,

I am Edric in technical support engineer in ASUSTOR. How are you?

To answer your questions:

1. If I run RAID 1 on disk 3+4 and use disk 1 for downloading. How does the System Sleep Mode (S3) work? Does my RAID 1 go into System Sleep Mode (S3) while disk 1 is active?
Once your machine goes into S3 mode, everything is in standby status which means all the tasks will be suspended. And when you revert back, all the tasks will be brought back at the same time.

2. Does AS-604T have hdmi 1.3a or 1.4? I confused because of thiese two links: http://www.asustor.com/materials/datash ... 310136.pdf = hdmi1.4 and http://www.asustor.com/product?p_id=1&lan=en#tab3 = hdmi 1.3a
AS-604T uses HDMI 1.3a

3. Synology has antivirus software on there nas and is this possible on the 604 or 304? And is there any reason why I should have antivirus on my nas?
We approximate in the end of this month or on January, we will release a free third party antivirus for our users.

4. Why would I put 3GB ram in the 604T? I´m not sure how it would help the performance?
It depends on how you user the NAS, if you have BT, heavy loading of data transmission, you may need the expand the memory to 3G. If you do not have special purpose, 1GB memory is enough for you.

5. Will the 304T be good enough for my use, If yes, then what is the reasons for buying the 604T?
There is no big difference in backup, storage (bay) and downloading between the two. But, since AS-6 series specification is better than AS-3 series, if I were you, I will choose AS-604T for streaming music and movies.

Hope these answers can help you :D

Regards,

Edric
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

I think the 304 also has the IR port built in for a remote? If you were connecting it directly to a TV or something as a media hub that may be valuable, though you can get an add-on for the 6-series to do the same.
I love my 608T, I have expanded it to 3GB RAM and it's running fine, I use it mostly for downloading and media storage/streaming.
Durbin

Post by Durbin »

Thanks for the aswers :-)

I have just ordered a 602 and 2 WD red 3TB :mrgreen:

Happy new year :D
gnom1gnom

Post by gnom1gnom »

Hello,

sorry for digging this out, but I have very same problem Durbin has had.
My main concern is whether AS-302T is capable of streaming 1080p videos (avchd)?
I can see even 602 has issues with this.

So is it a matter of poor hardware performance of AS-602? Will it be even worst with 302?

Thank you in advance for answering!
Chris
Kapitein Haak

Post by Kapitein Haak »

Hello Gnom1gnom,

Avchd movies play fine on my AS-304T (1080p, between 8-15GB a piece). I had some issues with mts recordings from my camcorder (1080p, distorted pictures). I send a clip to Asustor and they fixed the hardware decoding so I can now enjoy the homemovies.

Br, Kapitein Haak.
"What would the world be like without Captain Hook?"
---
"Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum" (A wise man doesn't piss into the wind), only in Amsterdam:
https://www.google.nl/maps/@52.36289,4. ... 312!8i6656
gnom1gnom

Post by gnom1gnom »

Ahoy Kapitein Haak!

Thank you for fast reply! My camcorder stores movies under m2ts files.
I'm using TP-Link TL-WR1042ND 300Mb/s Router. I would connect AS-302T to the Gigabit Ethernet port.
Do you have any issues streaming your mts recordings via WiFi?

Chris

Return to “Presales”