HDD Disks

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

almaz
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

HDD Disks

Post by almaz »

I know it is possible to start with just one HDD and later add another one. Can it be of a different model and volume? Say I start from 2TB and later add say 4TB - will it work?
Kerry

Re: HDD Disks

Post by Kerry »

if you make them into different volume (say, Single for each disk), it is of course possible and you will have one 2TB and one 4TB.

But if you want to hook these 2 hard disks together and make them raid 1 or raid 0, then it will be capped by the 2TB.
Allen@AST

Re: HDD Disks

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi almaz,

You can add any type/size disk to the NAS and have it work with your existing disks. You could have your disks organized in a JBOD or RAID 0 configuration. The total storage space available when using these two configurations would simply be the size of all your disks added together. However, JBOD and RAID 0 do not offer any data protection in the case of failed disks.

If you want to create a RAID 1 volume or higher with your disks (for added data protection in the case of failed disks) , then you would be limited by the size of the smallest disk.

For more information about RAID and storage volumes on ASUSTOR NAS please see: http://download.asustor.com/college/en/ ... o_RAID.pdf

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Allen

Return to “Presales”