Twonky

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
dahora
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Twonky

Post by dahora »

Any news of Twonky being avaliable?
sys

Re: Twonky

Post by sys »

I am using uPnP (not uPnP v.2) with Samsung Smart TV and it works great. Is there any difference for Twonky?
almaz

Post by almaz »

sys wrote:I am using uPnP (not uPnP v.2) with Samsung Smart TV and it works great.
How great is great? Can you switch languages or subtitles on the TV? Any performance issues on large files requiring transcoding (like 30G movies)?
Allen@AST

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi dahora,

Twonky is not currently available on ASUSTOR NAS. However, we will be sure to consider adding it in the future.

Thanks,

Allen
MrK

Post by MrK »

Hello,

I got an AS-202T yesterday and created an APK for Twonky Server. The 202T is 32-bit and therefore would work for the AS-20xT or AS-30xT models.

If you're adventures then give it a spin.

There are two packages: one for Twonky Server version 7.0.12 and one for the latest 7.2.3. The main purpose for me was to test the upgrade behavior (which worked fine on my NAS).

The APK creates a directory ".@twonkymedia" in the /volume1 for the Twonky internal data (like DB and upload directory) which will survive a uninstall.

- Twonky 7.2.3
- Twonky 7.0.12 RC1

Since I couldn't find any documentation I don't know if the i386 would work on the AS-60xT models (are compat-libs installed?). Maybe someone with more indeep knowledge could give some info? Couldn't find any x86_64 binaries for Twonky.

That package is only tested by me so be careful with it! And no support by Asustor of course.

Cheers
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

For the 6series you will need the x86_64 libs etc... I usually compile anything for 3/2 series on 32 bit Ubuntu VM and compile for 6 series on 64bit Ubuntu VM.

Usually the libs and bins etc needed by one system are the same on the other... So I create an apkg with a repository and a repository-32 directory. These directories contain the different libs and bins, and at runtime I use a uname -m to determine architecture and then link the appropriate libs/bins into /usr/local/lib and usr/local/bin as needed

This way I usually have one apkg for all models, with mostly common code, and usually as long as I use the corresponding libs and bins for the other architecture, what works on one system usually works on the others.

Hope this is helpful.
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
MrK

Post by MrK »

@clinton.hall : Thanx, though my question was more if linux 32-bit application run on the 60x series. If the 32-bit compatibility libs are installed that would be possible. And Twonky is a binary distribution where I couldn't find andy 64-bit binaries yet.

Thanks and have a good day,
Thomas

Btw: you know that you would need only the x86_64 bit Ubuntu to compile binaries for both architures? Use "x86_64-asustor-linux-gnu-32bit.tar.gz" toolchain for 32-bit and "x86_64-asustor-linux-gnu-64bit.tar.gz" for the 64-bit builds. Found under http://sourceforge.net/projects/asgpl/f ... Toolchain/
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
clinton.hall

Post by clinton.hall »

Yes, the Toolchain is easy enough, but so is a 32bit and 64bit VM... I have a few for various tasks ;)
Look forward to seeing Twonky in 6 series. :)
AS-604T
3 x ST4000DM0000 (Seagate 4TB) in Raid5
2 GB RAM expansion
AS-302T

Apps (user)
NZBGet - CouchPotato - SickBeard - Git - Python

Apps (maintainer):
NZBGet - BitTorrent Sync - Mylar - LazyLibrarian - Gamez
-Maintenance of Apps acquired from JohhnyFive since ADM2.0:
SABnzbd - CouchPotato - SickBeard - HeadPhones - Subsonic

About Me: http://fockwulf.wix.com/index
igracgq

Post by igracgq »

any news on the package for the 64bit system... I got the Asustor 602, so was wondering if there was a version available for my model

thanks
AS-602 with 3GB ram, 4TB WD Red

Qnap TS-119, DD-WRT Linksys 310n, WDlxTV player, RasperryPi OpenELEC
cellarboy

Post by cellarboy »

May I second the request for Twonky on the 602T? After a year or so using Twonky on my old entry level NAS both of the option available at the moment seem flawed. UNP2 seems unreliable, with many files that played fine through Twonky refusing to play. Plex is amazing but too much of an overkill for my needs and feels quite slow to respond.

So please let mine be another to add to the list of people dying to have Twonky available for this wonderful NAS!

Return to “Presales”