Graphics output

Interested in our products? Please post any inquiries here.
konkonkaos
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Graphics output

Post by konkonkaos »

I'm looking at the 608 as a media center, the 3 series don't have enough drive bays. Yet the specs don't show the graphics capability of the 6 series (at least non I can find in the last 2 hrs) and very little about the 3 series.

What is the difference in the graphics capability of the 3 series vs the 6 series? 1080P, graphics memory, Hardware acceleration etc.

What makes this better than the QNAP? other than price?
Allen@AST

Re: Graphics output

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi konkonkaos,

About graphics capability, both the 6 series and 3 series support 1080p and graphics memory is the same. However, the 3 series has to reserve memory during playback while the 6 series does not. This means that other applications might not run as smoothly if you are playing video at the same time. Furthermore, the 3 series has hardware acceleration while 6 series does not.

Are there any more key features or specs that you are looking at? This would help to make a better comparison with QNAP or any other models.

Thanks,

Allen
konkonkaos

Post by konkonkaos »

Hi Allen

Thanks again. Most people who buy a NAS are techy and love the detail in the specs. Yet your website seems to lack technical details, it reads more like a brochure, certainly compared to this http://www.qnap.com/static/products/com ... ll_NAS.php a lot of it isn't important but it's still good to see, what is insignificant to one person may be the key selling point to another. More people seem to bee looking at the 6 series for home but your site focuses on the business aspect of the 6 series. I think you need to cover more of the home features of the 6 series.

For me I wanted to understand the graphics capability, I copied the QNAP data onto a spread sheet to compare, but I could only fill in about 1/4 of it using data from your website http://www.asustor.com/product?p_id=2&lan=en. For example the details on HDMI version, swappable trays, hot swap, I couldn't find a picture of the back connectors, can I plug in a normal monitor for set-up etc, I couldn't easily find any of these details. This should all be on one page so we don't have to go looking for it. Do something like the QNAP data page, it is a great page. Like when you buy a camera, you can tick the various models to compare features.

Reading all the questions on this forum, many of the answers should have been on the specifications and features pages. Your sales team and web site designers need to step up their game a bit. :shock:

It's a great product, sell it as one.
Allen@AST

Post by Allen@AST »

Hi konkonkaos,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We will be sure to take them into consideration.

Thanks,

Allen
konkonkaos

Post by konkonkaos »

You're welcome. I've just bought the 608T online. So the more you sell the better support I'll get in the long run :D

Keep up the good work.

Return to “Presales”