Plex Player

Got a feature request? Great! Post your ideas here!
Merlino
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Plex Player

Post by Merlino »

Hi all.
I'm new on Asustor world, so sorry if you have any discussion on this.
I would like to know if it's possibile to have a Plex player. I user Plex server on my AS3104T for view my media on iPad and iPhone, but i think that a Plex player to see all media also on my tv can be a good idea. I've seen this player on QNAP nas, and it was good (better then KODI).
Regards
father.mande

Re: Plex Player

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Hum! can you precise your question ... and solution you search :

because multiple solutions exist ...
... 1 the new Plex Media Player ... available if you paid for PlexPass and only delivered fro MacOS and Windows ...
... ... The Linux seems possible but require lot of specific version ... and integration (ex. a new QTlib not really available ... )
... ... as I know the work is in progress but no result have been obtain (except on new distribution ... so not at the level of L.T.S. version proposed by NAS)
... 2 Plex addons for Kodi
... ... this work as well with full kodi 16.1 with existing binary addons (furnish I think by Asustor and furnish by Community QPKG in QNAP)
... ... so the request is "just" to add the addons and eventually check and add the missing libraries ...
... 3 PlexHomeTheater 1.4.1
... ... available on QNAP but abandoned by Plex ... so NO future
... 4 Open PlexHomeTheater 1.5.2
... ... clone + bugs corrections of PlexHomeTheater build first for raspberry system
... ... port to Ubuntu have been done version for QNAP and Asustor are available through Community APKG/QPKG
... 5 Open PlexHomeTheater 1.6.2
... ... new using kodi16.1 base (all PHT are based on xbmc then kodi)
... ... available on QNAP through Community QPKG
... ... ready but with a small bug (tearing in menu) on Asustor through Community APKG ... send to Asustor for test and understand the Xorg linked tearing problem

On Asustor you can use :
Kodi Plex addons or OpenPHT 1.5.2 as Plex client ...

Philippe.
NB I am on Asustor and QNAP the community integrator (other may exist inside Asustor or QNAP team) for OpenPHT (1.5.2 and 1.6.2) APKG/QPKG , for QNAP integrator of Kodi 16.1 full and Kodi 17 beta QPKG ... and I work (without actual success) on porting PlexMediaPlayer ... BUT certainly others people can do the job before me and certainly with a better work than me (I am only a user like you)
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “Feature Requests”