[01/20/2020 myHD] postponed due to NAS lost

myHD is an isolated (namespace (mnt, IPC, PID)) Ubuntu environment to run Ubuntu application displayed as ASUSTOR Asportal / Xorg applications.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[01/20/2020 myHD] postponed due to NAS lost

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Just for your information ...

my x86_64 NAS Asustor (the only with this architecture) is broken and unfortunately large part to all data are lost (I have to check externally).
this system is for my personal use and for development ... so ALL my integration are STOPPED or postponed (perhaps), in the same time another NAS (other brand) use for automatic backup ... have also disk problem (2 of 4 Raid5 disk fall) ... this backup was in another place ... and run headless, so I don't verify (my fault) them from weeks and error notification was broken by a last (December) update.

I will inform you if it's the end of the story ... or if I am able to rebuild some things.
ALL my APKG are impacted : myHD MH-kodi MH-pmp (Plex Media Player) Octoprint, Domoticz ... etc.

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
Zwever

Re: [01/20/2020 myHD] postponed due to NAS lost

Post by Zwever »

Such a shame that you lost all of your files!

I was thrilled when I found a way to run kodi again on my ASUSTOR NAS.
What am I going to do without your great work Philippe.

Can You donwload the APKG's from this forum.

Keep up the great work Philippe.

Zwever
father.mande

Re: [01/20/2020 myHD] postponed due to NAS lost

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Thanks for your support.

To be true, I have lost all the new versions development files ... working on from more than 1 month , the previous version are saved in external backup, only the working version are on the NAS and on the Syncthing target (also crashed).
In second hand, I have also lost my x86_64 Asustor ... a little more problematic .

At this time, I have recover some part using btrfs restore, ddrescue and testdisk, foremost, etc.
... the new version of Octoprint (supporting multiple 3D printer) is recover and under test

Unfortunately not myHD ... so I have to rebuild new part,, even now it's a little more easy, because I have done the job one time before ... (I want to be optimist)

The advantage of Octoprint and myHD APKG is the fact that all are based on isolated Ubuntu environment, so I can do tests on any Linux basic system with Intel compatible graphics. it's not so complete than on the target NAS ... but it's better than nothing (because external hardware (ex. 3D Printer or Webcam) can't be used easily).
Fortunately for limited session, I can have access to an Asustor NAS, one in a friend lab, and one more limited but existing in a dev. labs.

BUT nothing is easy and time to check is large. And for me (I'm not a APKG machine generator) the most important is to be able to help and support users (if I can) on my own APKG ... and it's not easy without a NAS.
so please, be patient if you have some requirement. I am always on work, even I am only a user like you and not a professional .

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T

Return to “myHD”