Help with nextcloud 12

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!
dryteletubby
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Help with nextcloud 12

Post by dryteletubby »

I have installed nextcloud 12 from the Asustor appstore. However when I launch the app it redirects me to "myNASIP/nextcloud12" and my web browser will give an error. What am I doing wrong?
jauling

Re: Help with nextcloud 12

Post by jauling »

You might need to contact the app maintainer about that. If you read the other threads, I was able to install nextcloud12 from tarball, and it works if I go to myNASIP/nextcloud. Also, you should check the NAS filesystem, and confirm there is a nextcloud12 directory.

On my NAS, nextcloud is installed in /volume1/Web/nextcloud/
dryteletubby

Post by dryteletubby »

Installing Nextcloud 10 also gives me the same error. Are there any prerequisites for nextcloud or is the web ui port being used by some other program
jauling

Post by jauling »

dryteletubby wrote:Installing Nextcloud 10 also gives me the same error. Are there any prerequisites for nextcloud or is the web ui port being used by some other program
You need to have the web server app running. Also, mariaDB should be on too if you want to configure it to use local database. Having phpmyadmin installed is also helpful.
dryteletubby

Post by dryteletubby »

You need to have the web server app running. Also, mariaDB should be on too if you want to configure it to use local database. Having phpmyadmin installed is also helpful.
I have both service turned on to no avail. I just cant get the webui of nextcloud 12 started. Is there any logs i can look through
jauling

Post by jauling »

You need to check the NAS filesystem to confirm the location of the nextcloud installation. If you cannot even hit your NAS on port 80 or 443, then you might be firewalling yourself?
dryteletubby

Post by dryteletubby »

I have a folder in web/nextcloud port 443 seems to be open but 80 is not

Return to “Nextcloud”