Can't access nextcloud

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

DrMartinus
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Can't access nextcloud

Post by DrMartinus »

Hi,

Nextcloud gives me headaches. I could work with it quite well for some time (version 18), but recently it stopped working. I can't access it. Firefox says:

Can't connect to the server.

If I add the port number which is assigned by EZRouter, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
I guess it's a port problem, but I haven't figured out what and why, since it had been working fine for months until recently, and I haven't changed anything. Any ideas?
Asustor AS6104T
DrMartinus

Re: Can't access nextcloud

Post by DrMartinus »

It's working again, and I'm pretty sure I know why (I'm not 100% sure, because I couldn't make a direct connection to the change and the success):
EZ-Router needed to be turned off and on again. After that nextcloud was accessible.

I could confirm this more or less this morning, when nextcloud was again not accessible. After restarting the NAS, I could connect again. It would be a big problem, though, if I have to do that every morning. I wonder if this has to do with the mandatory IP-address change by the service provider? Is there a way to make sure that the NAS or better EZ-Router restores everything properly?
Asustor AS6104T
DrMartinus

Re: Can't access nextcloud

Post by DrMartinus »

Well, now I have the same problem again, with the difference that switching ez-router off and on didn't do the trick. I restarted the NAS several times, with no luck. I wonder if the following may be the reason:
  • There was a major update with the ADM (now version 4.0.1 ROG 1
    I upgraded the MariaDB package, which seems to have worked fine after some hassle (the old password didn't work)
    I updated nextcloud from within nextcloud, not using the software package in the adm, because they didn't work
    I still have two versions of the nextcloud app sitting in the adm (https and regular). I do not know how this happened, but the question is if I can remove them. My nextcloud sits in a folder called "nextcloud-php" and I believe this was a package previously available. Is one of the packages in the adm the same?
I have data in the nextcloud, so I'm worried about losing them when I uninstall packages with the name "nextcloud" in it.
I'd appreciate any help!
Asustor AS6104T

Return to “Nextcloud”