Help to install Nextcloud on AS5008T

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Mr Nilsen
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Help to install Nextcloud on AS5008T

Post by Mr Nilsen »

Hi
I'm really want to install NextCloud to my nas, but I don't really understand how to do it. Can anyone please help me with a step by step guide?

SQlite or MYSQL/Mariadb?

Do I need to fix a database first?

Sorry for my bad English :O
orion

Re: Help to install Nextcloud on AS5008T

Post by orion »

I installed NextCloud 12. However I believe the procedure should be similar to yours.
  • You specify an admin account by your own for this app.
  • Keep the default data path name.
  • Select MySQL/MariaDB
  • Input your database (i.e., MariaDB) admin account (the default is root / admin).
  • Input the host name and port. Default is "local:3306". (3306 is the default port. You can find it under ADM -> Services -> MariaDB server.
fritzboxuser

Post by fritzboxuser »

you should only use sql lite with not more than 3-4 users

better is to use the integrate mariadb in adm(can activate in service menu) after this you can install phpmyadmin from adm store and follow this instructions viewtopic.php?f=49&t=1835 (owncloud tut i know but procedure is the same)

dont forget to set strong passwords and maybe 2wayauth in phpmyadmin
Mr Nilsen

Post by Mr Nilsen »

Thank you for the help. I?m getting some errors in settings/overview.
any ideas to fix that?

-The PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB.

-MySQL is used as database but does not support 4-byte characters. To be able to handle 4-byte characters (like emojis) without issues in filenames or comments for example it is recommended to enable the 4-byte support in MySQL. For further details read the documentation page about this.

-Accessing site insecurely via HTTP. You are strongly adviced to set up your server to require HTTPS instead, as described in the security tips ↗.

-Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/caldav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

-Your web server is not properly set up to resolve "/.well-known/carddav". Further information can be found in the documentation.

-No memory cache has been configured. To enhance performance, please configure a memcache, if available. Further information can be found in the documentation.

-The PHP OPcache module is not loaded. For better performance it is recommended to load it into your PHP installation.
fritzboxuser

Post by fritzboxuser »

for the sql *error* u can see help here https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/ad ... pport.html

the other errors should in this documentation too https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/ad ... tents.html
wde

Post by wde »

Check the first post on this thread for - Some known Errors after installation:

viewtopic.php?f=189&t=10351
My NAS: Flashtor 6 FS6706T ADM: 4.3.0.RSB1 Router: Technicolor CGM4331COM (XB7)

Return to “Nextcloud”