Nextcloud via docker-ce/portainer

Nextcloud is an open source, self-hosted file sync and share and communication app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & communicate and collaborate across your devices. You decide what happens with your data, where it is and who can access it!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Moaxle
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Nextcloud via docker-ce/portainer

Post by Moaxle »

Hi everybody,

i hope this fits here right.

i have been trying to work this out for quite a bit. I want to install nextcloud and the connected mariadb server via docker-ce/portainer on my AS6204T. I can pull the right container images using portainer (mariadb:latest, phpmyadmin:latest, nextcloud:latest etc.). However after i set up the mariadb server using a password in the definition i can not access the server using the running phpmyadmin container, to which i can connect. Both are in the same network so they should be able to communicate. do i have to take something other in account? Of course, ideally i want to open this up to the web using a reverse proxy in the future...
I am relatively new to docker and tried to search forums etc. however i did not find someone describing this on an asustor system using portainer.
I would really be looking forward to get some help here.

cheers!

PS.: I know that there is the app version for ADM however by using the docker way i think it is way easier to stay upto date concerning nextcloud patches.

Return to “Nextcloud”