(SOLVED) [REQ] Syncthing Addon

Syncthing replaces proprietary sync and cloud services with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.

Note:
Syncthing will use the port 8384 for GUI management, and port 22000 for Sync protocol.
Please make sure to open the port forwarding via the ADM\Ease of Access\EZ router.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

gibxxi
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

(SOLVED) [REQ] Syncthing Addon

Post by gibxxi »

I've recently been hearing a lot of good things about Syncthing, an app/service not unlike BTSync.

https://syncthing.net/

BTSync has many issues / problems / bugs, and is not available for my old Netgear NAS, whereas Syncthing is. It would also be nice to have a BTSync alternative in the same way as there are multiple "options" for various other addons available via ADM. It would be nice to be able to get away from my current reliance on DeltaCopy/Rsync as DeltaCopy on Windows is at best a hack-job, and hasn't been updated in years. I'm looking for an easy solution to synchronising my new Asustor, my old ReadyNAS and my desktop PC without the long-winded set-up that is currently required via Rsync. Neither Dropbox nor owncloud are ideal or even intended for this type of scenario.

TIA.
___ GibsonXXI ___
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"

NAS1: Asustor AS5104T | NAS2: Infrant Repertoire U4 (Modified)
liefde

Re: [REQ] Syncthing Addon

Post by liefde »

+1 !

The latest linux amd x64 binary works on the asustor, only troubles are you want it autorun the official asustor way, have it show up in "Installed apps" etc. And preferably have a config that each user logs in using his/her own home-dir on the nas.

The btsync app for this nas is ridiculous, it's a one or all users install, so nothing is shielded. It's a complete security and privacy disaster waiting to happen. Syncthing would easily improve on that.

Since they have their own sync and cloud apps, they're probably not really in a hurry to add syncthing to their app-central though, so I guess we need to start it for them. I'll try and look into building it for the 604T if I find the time, but I'd rather have ASUS pick this up officially themselves.
damien599901

Re: [REQ] Syncthing Addon

Post by damien599901 »

solved
available in APP central
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air

Return to “Syncthing”