NetData and empy charts

Netdata is
Real-time performance monitoring, done right! http://netdata.firehol.org
MikeG.6.5
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

NetData and empy charts

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

I found one glaring problem with the version of NetData that we are now able to install and run. There were a lot of empty charts getting made, but never filling with data. The cause for this is below.

If you dig deep enough into the NetData folders you will find a set of log files. One of the logs contained a series of errors about command not found int eh charts.d.plugin file, line 1. This file is located in this folder: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/netdata/usr/libexec/netdata/plugins.d/charts.d.plugin The original version of the file, including what we get from App Central is the first line that reads: #!/bin/bash This is most definitely not correct, as we don't get bash with these NASes. It needs to read: #!/bin/sh instead. Most of the empty charts will start filling up after you set this correctly.

I'm also trying to get the sensors charts and the UPS charts working, but having some issues with it. If anyone else wants to try their hand, go for it.

Along with this, we also have a couple of other files that aren't set up correctly, most notably: /volume1/.@plugins/AppCentral/netdata/usr/libexec/netdata/plugins.d/tc-qos-helper.sh Being able to use NetData and the TC-QoS combined would be great! :)

Shawn, if you can have someone take a look at this in-house, to see if they can make the change listed above for any other versions on App Central, and to get sensor and UPS info that would be great.
MikeG.6.5

Re: NetData and empy charts

Post by MikeG.6.5 »

The log files automatically delete themselves with the base install, when they reach a certain size. but, from what I've seen, the version we have now doesn't do this. Right now the log file and access file are well over 100MB in size.

Looking for the file netdata.logrotate.in seems to be missing. So there is no way to get the logs to rotate out or delete after so many lines of data.

We need to have someone take a serious look at this. I would consider it a bug, like the surveillance system bugs we had a while back with an ADM update. Unless these get cleared periodically, the log files can fill a HDD. Not good.

Return to “Netdata”