[BETA Domoticz Patch] to add internal update (beta and release)

home automation

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

[BETA Domoticz Patch] to add internal update (beta and release)

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

BETA patch to add the possibility to update Domoticz using it's own internal mechanism

updatebeta ... to get last beta
updaterelease ... to get last release available ... (normally NOT called manually) ONLY from GUI if new version is available ...

TESTERS are researched ...

http://forum.asustor.com/viewtopic.php? ... 774#p24706

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
basmeyer

Re: [BETA Domoticz Patch] to add internal update (beta and release)

Post by basmeyer »

Dear Philippe,

If you are still in need of Beta testers, I would like to offer myself and my Asustor AS6202T.
How does the Beta patch, described above, work?

Kind regards, Bas Meijer
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
basmeyer wrote:Dear Philippe,
If you are still in need of Beta testers, I would like to offer myself and my Asustor AS6202T.
How does the Beta patch, described above, work?
Kind regards, Bas Meijer
Thanks, but this "patch" is very old now ... but useful on fresh install to update to latest Domoticz (because I don't get free time to update the original APKG ... sorry)

BUT after the first install and for now ... Domoticz have changed their internal request and the update can be done as is ...
The ONLY difference is at end ... you must stop Domoticz (Disable) ... wait 10 to 15 seconds ... and Enable it again to get the new version
... it's because Domoticz team use "standard" tools (like sysctl) to restart services ... but none of this tools are available in A.D.M. ... so you must do the restart manually ...

You can look in the file provide ... it's shell script ... so nothing hidden ... just read
Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
basmeyer

Post by basmeyer »

Thanks for your prompt reply, Philippe
I am not sure if this thing is out of my league of I am missing some crucial steps that need to be make before getting into this.
I have honestly no clue how to get into scripts on the NAS also.

Perhaps it is better for me to make a switch to the Raspberry platform and forget the whole Domoticz thing on Asustor. It feels like a dead end, despite your great efforts to offer me(us) a nice working, but now getting dated, version 3.5849 (as seen in the About section - 3.3537 in the Asustor ADM App Central).

Return to “Domoticz”