[APKG Native JDownloader2] 2.0-1.6 for ADM 3.x & ADM 4.x

JDownloader is a free, open-source download management tool with a huge community of developers that makes downloading as easy and fast as it should be. Users can start, stop or pause downloads, set bandwith limitations, auto-extract archives and much more. It's an easy-to-extend framework that can save hours of your valuable time every day!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

father.mande
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG JDownloader2 2.0-1.3] I am NOT a user ONLY integrator !!

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I have receive a message from Asustor : engineer are on works to get an update of JRE APKG

So please be patient ... when new version will be available (and if nothing to be done is require (ex. add JAVA environment variables)
You will try to reinstall Jdownloader (bets is to remove the existing version , to restart from a clean state (except if it's an update) ... )

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
LuisLapa

Post by LuisLapa »

Hi,
OK Philippe thanks for the update on this.
Regards

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Applejuice

Post by Applejuice »

Hi, at first please excuse my bad english, this is not my native Langauge,
i try to do my best that you can understand me... :-)

I had read this post because installation of JD2 dont works on my AS1002T NAS.
Installing JRE, entware2-ng and JDownloader2 from the App-Central works.

When i start the script, i type 2 or 3 times [Enter] but i never get be asked
for my my.jdownloader.org login credentials. The the script ends ;

If i understand the past posts in this thread, there is an error in the current version of JDownloader2 (???)
If there will be an bugfix in future, will this bugfix be released in App-Central or only in this thread?
Is there any news about the state or a release date of the new version? (because last post is 1 moth old).

Thank you for your help!
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

I think that the forum is NOT the best place to have an official response (about update of JRE) from Asustor
better is to use the support helpdesk ... to have a response

I have a little forgot this (due to the Asustor response) ... if the response (I don't have them) from Asustor ... is no way ... I will can add my own JRE ... but even it's works (reason I know this problem) ... it's the worst stupid solution ... multiply copy of software, when it's so easy to solve it ...

Philippe.
Applejuice

Post by Applejuice »

Thanks Phillipe for your reply!

If i understand you correct, at the moment there is no way to use JDownloader2 on NAS,
because of an missing update (JRE) provided by asustor?

Or is it possible to use JRE from another source?
What format/system are the apps for ASUS-NAS? Is it APKG like on my Linux-Sat-Receiver?
Sorry for my questions, im an absolute asustor-newbie ;-)
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

APKG is a specific format for package on Asustor NAS (this include change to respect the architecture, the file structure and as any NAS to manage the fact that after a reboot a large part of the system is rebuild ... based on saved configuration file)

A specific Asustor developer site exist ... to get tools and information ...

For a specific application it's not difficult to own a private version of a tool ... like, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. etc.
BUT
1 it's a duplication, so for ex. if another program (Asustor, Apkg, etc.) use Java ... you will have all (libraries, programs, etc.) duplicate in memory and sometimes you share some part (ex. log) so without possibility to maintains things.
2 If each developer need to rebuild his own environment ... why buying a NAS ... use a small desktop and your preferred Linux distribution
3 if we start to disengage Asustor to update the "basic" things like language use by others applications ... what are the next step ... rebuild all by our own ???
4 we can generate conflict (except using chroot) ... and generate unpredictable crash ... so it need to be ready to lost data ...
etc. etc.

It's the Asustor responsibility ... our is to ask to support ...

Yes it's true that it's a small job to integrate a private JRE (I do it in minutes to verify that it solve the problem) ... but tomorrow ? a simple change in kernel or module ... and you are out again ...

If you ask support and don't have a correct response ... I will create an alternative APKG for JD including JRE ... but this solution can live years, months, days or less ...

Philippe.
NB 1 I am a simple user like you ... that try to share somethings create on my free time ... I am not paid by Asustor and don't have more power than you in front of support and Asustor team ...
NB 2 send a P.M. to damien ... or any @AST user in this forum ... in complement of a support ticket ... if not, not sure you can have a solution shortly ...
NB 3 as tittle said ... I have integrate JD for a friend but I don't use it ... so it's not a first priority for me (sorry but my spare time is limited)
LuisLapa

Post by LuisLapa »

Hi,
Any news on this?
dergilb

Post by dergilb »

Also looking for a solution on that, using a AS1002T.
Some advices how to install a newer java version manually?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
dergilb wrote:Also looking for a solution on that, using a AS1002T.
Some advices how to install a newer java version manually?
Asustor have announced to work on update for all basic elements (ffmpeg, python, etc. including I hope Java) so verify from Helpdesk the avaibility

If you want to use your own private Java
1 download JDK (now for ARMHF ... no jre are available but are included in JDK) from Oracle site (32 bits now 8u144)
2 extract JRE and put it in safe place (no need to keep all JDK)
3 change launching program using variables like JAVA_PATH and JAVA_HOME at minimum ...

Philippe.
dergilb

Post by dergilb »

i will try... my knowledge about this is about zero :?

Return to “Jdownloader2”