[APKG Native JDownloader2] 2.0-1.6 for ADM 3.x & ADM 4.x

JDownloader is a free, open-source download management tool with a huge community of developers that makes downloading as easy and fast as it should be. Users can start, stop or pause downloads, set bandwith limitations, auto-extract archives and much more. It's an easy-to-extend framework that can save hours of your valuable time every day!

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

damien599901
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [APKG JDownloader2 2.0-1.2] I am NOT a user ONLY integrator !!

Post by damien599901 »

Same thing for me
0 issue 8-)
Storage: AS7004T & AS5002T
Network: FREEBOX REVOLUTION V6
Laptop: Apple MACBOOK Pro OS X El Capitan & Windows 10
Media Player: ASUSTOR NAS with Kodi 16 Beta & HD_Engine 1 (thanks Fathe_Mande)
Portable: iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Mini 2 & iPad Air
father.mande

Re: [APKG JDownloader2 2.0-1.3] I am NOT a user ONLY integrator !!

Post by father.mande »

Hi,

Small update version 2.0-1.3

NOT MANDATORY ... just in case of corresponding problem ...
... due to previous modification (URL generation) AND due to architecture use by Asustor for APKG Web Server application
... ... a problem exist : you can't Disable jdownloader ONLY uninstall it (thanks to Vincent to discover this problem) (normally no reason ... because it's here to download in background :lol: :lol: )
... This version solve this bug by returning to the "official" methodology require by Asustor (even if I have some difficulty to understand ... but I am not in the Asustor's team)

Download link in first post ...

Philippe.
AS6602T / AS5202T /AS5002T / AS1002T / FS6706T
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

i can't do a new install with Jdownloader2 2.0-1.3
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
damien599901 wrote:i can't do a new install with Jdownloader2 2.0-1.3
Just do a test ... after cleaning previous version ... all seems correct

please can you provide Asustor log message or exact error ... in fact any information ... I don't know if an Asustor "manual" install exist to get more "trace" of the installation in apkg ...

Philippe.
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

sorry for the delay
the progress bar begins but nothing happens. I also tried to update by asustor app central and same issue.
but i can download or update other apps included your apps without issue but except jdownloader...
:shock:
Spartanineo

Post by Spartanineo »

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Regards
mitklaus

Post by mitklaus »

could it be, that jdownloader prevents my NAS from entering hibernation mode even if there are no open download-jobs to do?
Then: How is it possible to deinstall it clearly? is it enough to just deinstall it in the app shop, or do i have to unistall some parts manually?
father.mande

Post by father.mande »

Hi,
mitklaus wrote:could it be, that jdownloader prevents my NAS from entering hibernation mode even if there are no open download-jobs to do?
Then: How is it possible to deinstall it clearly? is it enough to just deinstall it in the app shop, or do i have to unistall some parts manually?
Lot of reason exist to prevent hibernation ...
BUT just a question : why did you want hibernation ... I know that it's always proposed but depend of request
... if it's to save the life of the NAS ... in fact no less no more
... if it's to save the life of disks ... in fact no more ... last generation (from 2 or 3 years ago) are build to have a long long life ... and in lot of case keeping hard disks up (not working all the time) can help to keep us more time good ... (and I have server and NAS from long time (up to 9 years with same disk)
... if it's to silent the NAS (if you sleep just near it) ... hum! it's a reason but in this case other solutions exists ... like using power off/on/restart scheduled.

Hibernation ... have a sense today really only for laptop or netbook or tablet ... to be sure all sleep when you move it for ex. or to have a quick restart ... without sense with a NAS except specific cases ...

For your question :
Yes uninstall is enough to clean all the program except the already downloaded files (where you have decide to put it after download) ... so if you want also to clear downloaded files ... you must do it manually.

BUT also remember that it's possible (and easy) to stop some program during the night (so they stop preventing hibernation)
... just disable the APKG ... then enable it when it's need to use ...
... this can be done manually through the web admin / App. Central
... or via script (so also via cron (task started based on time event)) ... one line to disable or enable an APKG

Jdownloader have been write (not by me) to work on a desktop ... started when desktop start and closed when user have finished ... the headless mode is an extension ... but internally nothing is build for "server" mode ... it's more like a desktop application where interface is hidden ...

Philippe.
damien599901

Post by damien599901 »

mitklaus wrote:could it be, that jdownloader prevents my NAS from entering hibernation mode even if there are no open download-jobs to do?
Hi
in the last release you can enable the "hibernation's log" to check.
if yes, you can disable the app, when you don't use it (e.g. with ADM or Aimaster)
mitklaus

Post by mitklaus »

damien599901 wrote:Hi
in the last release you can enable the "hibernation's log" to check.
if yes, you can disable the app, when you don't use it (e.g. with ADM or Aimaster)
That was the reason i tought of Jdownloader: The Log says: "java","JRE","Volume1","WRITE" - and jd is the only java-tool i use...
father.mande wrote:
... if it's to silent the NAS (if you sleep just near it) ... hum! it's a reason but in this case other solutions exists ... like using power off/on/restart scheduled.
Thats the point. The NAS is in my living Room, and it's quite loud. My girlfriend doesn't like the sound ans gets pissed off ;-)
For there is no standby-mode, hibernation is the only way to get the NAS to shut up automatically after a specified period of time in which i don't use it. ;-)
If there would be a schedule to turn off the NAS after 1h without use, i'd use it. But there only is the option to hibernate it. (as far as i know)

father.mande wrote: BUT also remember that it's possible (and easy) to stop some program during the night (so they stop preventing hibernation)
... just disable the APKG ... then enable it when it's need to use ...
... this can be done manually through the web admin / App. Central
... or via script (so also via cron (task started based on time event)) ... one line to disable or enable an APKG
good idea. I switched off JD - until i will use ist again. I hope this will help.

Thanks a lot!!

Return to “Jdownloader2”