It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:16 am
All times are UTC + 8 hours

[APKG Entware-ng] Replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Entware-ng is A modern Optware/ipkg replacement ; Entware-ng is package repository for embedded devices. These packages allow you to add new functionality to your device. Most of them taken from OpenWRT, but others are unique.

Entware-ng exist for x86, x86_64 and armhf architecture

Entware-ng also replace astware to use common base for ALL OpenWRT platform

Optware/Ipkg is obsolete, not maintened and not secure ... (abandoned)

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby Mr.Crowley » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Hi Father Mande!

First, thanks for all your work!

Recently I try to use nginx and php, the installation using opkg work fine, but first problem " php-fpm " search for " php-fpm.conf ", and the package create a file called " php7-fpm.conf, not a big deal of course, after renaming the file and modifying the init script, it's starting.

But now after hours of research, I still get this error message in nginx log:

Code: Select all
[error] 17169#0: *3 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Unable to open primary script: /opt/share/nginx/html/index.php (No such file or directory)" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.16, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/opt/var/run/php7-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.14:5465"


If you have an idea ?

Thanks !
Mr.Crowley
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby father.mande » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Hi Crowley,

I don't have any idea ... I integrate Entware-ng ... not support all the program inside :lol:

BUT you have some possibility :
1 be sure to be update (opkg update; opkg upgrade)
2 be sure that all structure is present when ngix start ... the error message said ... file not found ??? did you verify it ?
3 Entware-ng is based on feed from Openwrt
... so you can put your issue here : https://github.com/Entware-ng/Entware-ng/issues
... or directly to Openwrt : https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues

So they can update the package (for bad php-fmp.conf name) and have explain on your missing file

I can do a test, but have no experience in ngix (sorry I use lighthttpd or Apache) ... so not sure I understand your problem ...

In case of response from developer, please, inform here the Asustor user forum.

Philippe.
AS5002T / AS202TE / AS1002T
My Blog specific to my APKG : https://blog.father-mande.ovh/
User avatar
father.mande
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:55 am

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby Mr.Crowley » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:16 pm

Yeah, I imagine :D

I was just hoping you can give me hints, because maybe it's related to the path Entware use or something like that, nginx is running correctly for pure html pages in fact, but for .php pages I get the error mentioned before.

If you wanna test, install nginx and php7-fpm packages, you should get all the dependencies directly.

For testing php-fpm configuration
Code: Select all
/opt/bin/php-fpm -t


Thanks for the Git links, I'll keep you informed.
Mr.Crowley
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby Mr.Crowley » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Ok, so apparently the name of the php .conf file installed with php7 is voluntary named with the version of php, to avoid problem with another version previously installed.

And I finaly managed to get it all work thanks to "strace", php-fpm was searching inside /opt/share/www/index.php, while my files of course was in /opt/share/nginx/html, so I think it's probably possible to change that, but anyway now everything working good ;)
Mr.Crowley
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby KSHH » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:11 am

Just installed in, hoping that the repository might contained APCu 5.1.5 or newer, and PHP 7.x, as ASUSTOR themself, isn't that keen to update those.
But from what i can see, those two aren't updated, so i wanted to hear if that is something you would consider doing?

Anyways, thanks for a great extension. :)

Best regards,
Kasper Hansen
KSHH
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby father.mande » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi,
KSHH wrote:Just installed in, hoping that the repository might contained APCu 5.1.5 or newer, and PHP 7.x, as ASUSTOR themself, isn't that keen to update those.
But from what i can see, those two aren't updated, so i wanted to hear if that is something you would consider doing?

Anyways, thanks for a great extension. :)

Best regards,
Kasper Hansen


Entware is the tool to get packages (not the packages) from repository provide by Openwrt ... so it's synchronized with the original repository ...
in case of missing software you can ask to Openwrt dev. group if they can do (or not) the integration (link are in this topic here before)

With the x64/Arm(v7)/x86 version ... the PHP7 version available is 7.1.5
... but I don't have any idea of APCu ... we have only apcupsd 3.14 and apcups plugin 5.7.1 but it's for UPS ???
are you sure to do
opkg update then opkg upgrade before searching for php7 software ?

Philippe.
AS5002T / AS202TE / AS1002T
My Blog specific to my APKG : https://blog.father-mande.ovh/
User avatar
father.mande
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:55 am

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby father.mande » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi,

After some search APC seem to be discontinued in PHP7 BUT opcache is provide (in Entware also) and maintained ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_P ... lity_chart

Philippe.
AS5002T / AS202TE / AS1002T
My Blog specific to my APKG : https://blog.father-mande.ovh/
User avatar
father.mande
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:55 am

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby KSHH » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Thanks a lot Philippe! Just found it.
After installing it, my joomla installation still says that it using PHP 5.6.30, and not the install PHP 7.1.5.1. Got any idea on that? :)
KSHH
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby father.mande » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:16 pm

Hi,
KSHH wrote:Thanks a lot Philippe! Just found it.
After installing it, my joomla installation still says that it using PHP 5.6.30, and not the install PHP 7.1.5.1. Got any idea on that? :)


The PHP provide by Asustor is NOT replaced by the PHP in Entware ...
Entware software a like "embedded software" with their own path, libraries, etc.

SO before starting an application you must be sure :
1 ... that PATH contains FIRST /opt/bin:/opt/sbin ... to be sure to use first the software in this PATH
... best is to change PATH in the start_up shell to be sure it's apply
2 ... you must verify the calling application (Web Server)
... ... ex. if you use the Apache (Web server) provide by Asustor ... you must change the PHP PATH and rules ... to use the new one (then restart Apache)
... ... another solution is to use another Apache server to don't conflict with existing one ... (ex. APKG or Entware Apache (2.4.25) or lighttpd )
3 ... at end verify that Joomla (Application) don't use directly php (as cli) and don't use a fixed PATH ... in this case you must create link to the new php-cli to work as well (relatively rare case and generally optional)

Sorry I can't send you an example of Apache configuration ... I am at 600 Kms of my labs and my AS5002 is OFF

Philippe.
AS5002T / AS202TE / AS1002T
My Blog specific to my APKG : https://blog.father-mande.ovh/
User avatar
father.mande
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:55 am

Re: [APKG Entware-ng] Total replace Astware & Optware include 64 bits version

Postby KSHH » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:37 am

father.mande wrote:Hi,
KSHH wrote:Thanks a lot Philippe! Just found it.
After installing it, my joomla installation still says that it using PHP 5.6.30, and not the install PHP 7.1.5.1. Got any idea on that? :)


The PHP provide by Asustor is NOT replaced by the PHP in Entware ...
Entware software a like "embedded software" with their own path, libraries, etc.

SO before starting an application you must be sure :
1 ... that PATH contains FIRST /opt/bin:/opt/sbin ... to be sure to use first the software in this PATH
... best is to change PATH in the start_up shell to be sure it's apply
2 ... you must verify the calling application (Web Server)
... ... ex. if you use the Apache (Web server) provide by Asustor ... you must change the PHP PATH and rules ... to use the new one (then restart Apache)
... ... another solution is to use another Apache server to don't conflict with existing one ... (ex. APKG or Entware Apache (2.4.25) or lighttpd )
3 ... at end verify that Joomla (Application) don't use directly php (as cli) and don't use a fixed PATH ... in this case you must create link to the new php-cli to work as well (relatively rare case and generally optional)

Sorry I can't send you an example of Apache configuration ... I am at 600 Kms of my labs and my AS5002 is OFF

Philippe.


Arh, that's whats wrong :D
If i haven't found out how to do it before you're home again, i would really appreciate it, if you could help me with it. :)
KSHH
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Entware

  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron