how to remotd stream???

BubbleUPnP Server provides new services, many of them running on top of your existing UPnP/DLNA devices:
- make various media formats not natively supported by Chromecast playable with transcoding. Works in tandem with Android BubbleUPnP
- secure Internet access to your UPnP/DLNA Media Servers content with Android BubbleUPnP and foobar2000.
- stream and download your music, video, photos with your Android device from a mobile or WiFi connection with optional transcoding to reduce bandwidth.
- no need to sync, to upload to the cloud, to register to an online service
- create OpenHome Media Renderers from any UPnP AV or Google Cast renderer (provides on-device playlist, multiple Control Point access to the same renderer)
- create an UPnP/DLNA renderer from any Google Cast device
- fix issues of UPnP/DLNA Media Servers (discovery issues, broken data, add some audio DLNA compliance) by creating a proxy Media Server
- access your UPnP/DLNA Media Servers across different networks

Default Port: 58050
BadAS302T
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

how to remotd stream???

Post by BadAS302T »

I would like to stream movies to my tablet when im outside my home
How can this be done?
Last edited by BadAS302T on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ho66es

Re: how to connect from another network

Post by ho66es »

simplest way is to set up a vpn to your nas and then you can stream as if you were at home bandwidth permitting
608t
BadAS302T

Re: how to connect from another network

Post by BadAS302T »

How do i do this?

I just want to remote stream to my tablet when im not home
ho66es

Re: how to remotd stream???

Post by ho66es »

install vpn server app,
setup vpn server (pptp is probably easiest)
open correct ports in your router/firewall for vpn and forward to nas
setup vpn on tablet
connect from tablet to your external ip/dynamic dns name
fire up your streaming app and it should work as if you are at home providing your net connection will support it

The advantage of doing this is once setup you can access everything on your home lan as if you were there and do more on top, all your traffic is encrypted as well.
608t
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

Or use Plex. Plex can stream outside too and there are Plex apps for most tablet OSes
MagnusWH

Post by MagnusWH »

I would recommend using Plex Media Server. It loads metadata for all your movies, tv shows and music (also subtitles if you want it to). With the app for Android and iOS you can stream to phones and tablets, and with Plex Home Theater you can stream to PC and Mac. It also have app to some other devices like Roku, Amazon FireTV, GoogleTV and Samsung Smart TVs. Its easy to setup and easy to use. If you need any help setting it up or more information you can message me and Ill show you how mine is set up and let you fool around on it a bit.

Magnus Hansen
Aliraza03

Post by Aliraza03 »

I think I understand what you are asking, you want to possibly replace one of the single volumes with new drive to expand the JBOD volume from 2 to 3 drives. I don't think the JBOD volumes support this, only true RAID volumes. I would suggest you check the Asustor College thing on the main website. there is a topic there about adding/expanding arrays.
Unlock the key of your success by www.pass-4sure.info and testking.By using our latest wikipedia
Arniceous

Post by Arniceous »

Iv'e been dealing with Asustor Corporate and the tech support group in Richmond, CA on this same issue. The app BubbleUPNP by bubblesoft was recently acquired by google chromecast they and I am certain the app disappeared from the app store. Clinton Hall the maintainer for many ADM apps for asustor is not claiming they ever maintained it; and as for JohnnyFive I don't know either. Currently we don't seem to have an app that can stream UPNP. That is just unacceptable for a media server! The Synology Server a competitor of Asustor and surfaced 10 years before in 2000 and not affiliated with Asus has purchased in their NAS package the app BubbleUPNP its all over android google app stores as well as iPhone for the morons running mac.

I was informed by Asustor they didn't plan on building this app for a customer presence currently. Its either a hidden financial strain we know nothing about or bubble declined the bid that was offered by Asustor. These guys need to get it together quick, or they will be gone in a blink of an eye, In the market place today NAS media servers are growing by leaps and bounds and I'm convinced when the demand is not met and ADM customers start migrating their HDD's onto another platform that is staying current with the trend only than will Assutor conform to its customers wants and needs.

Additional* The Plex media server someone posted in here is a total fiasco! First off it is not compatable with android for there is no upnestcast url field. So the template via the Asustor is totally usless with your android device via UPNP trying to hit plex servers to handle packet transfers of your media on the Asustor. Secondly it takes hours upon hours to sync the content initially for DLNA with Asustor units maxed at 3GB DDR3 Sodimm RAM and a 100 mbps fiber down stream as per my setup. And last but not least resources from both the client and server are taxed by plex while the footprint of BubbleUPNP is virtually non existent and sync time is less than 1 min for initial Asustor setup via DLNA on wifi !

Final Thoughts; Plex doesn't work for UPNP on android devices, they have no customer support except via email! Step wide of the 60mg bucket of worms with a monthly access fee of 35.00 to boot!! Total junk and anyone who recommended that on this thread is a total noober to not know the specifics such as I have presented. Asustor did inform me via email last week they would be asking bubbleUPNP if they would consider making an app for them again. We shall see what happens in the app store.

OH if you are wanting to stream your audio content via UPNP and access your music anywhere in the world to your android device or screwed up apple product look towards subsonic in the app store. Subsonic claims the new version supports video as well but that is not yet in the appstore either go figure.

Thank you all who support and stand behind bubbleUPNP getting on the Asustor ADM!!
http://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/ <------ Note here how many servers now run bubbleUPNP on their NAS packages
Last edited by Arniceous on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaragosa

Post by Zaragosa »

Totally agree with BubbleUPnP.

I manually installed twonky from a package I found, going to take a look to see if I can find a pre-made Bubble package for our NAS. If not guess I'll have to be taking the time to put it together myself.

But here's hoping Asus gets it together before that.
Auberon2k

Post by Auberon2k »

I've tried every UPNP app on in the Asustor app store, I primarily use my NAS for steaming to various devices around my home, BubbleUPNP doesn't sound familiar. I don't think it has ever been available to Asustor NAS devices so far. I used UPNPv2 and/or MiniDLNA for streaming in my place. My PS3s and X360s all see them fine and VLC on my iPad streams fine from these, and they are simple to configure - I don't stream outside my network though. I did try streaming out through Plex once, it worked but my media library needed too much hands on to meet Plex expectations (it expects naming to match something like TVDB). I think Clinton posted a Twonky package at one point and there was a forum post with a link to a version of Serviio also. You could try those.

Return to “BubbleUPnP”