Optware for ASUSTOR

ipkg, or the Itsy Package Management System, is a lightweight package management system designed for embedded devices. It is used in the Unslung operating system for the Linksys NSLU2, in OpenWRT, OpenMoko, Gumstix, iPAQ and now on asustor NAS too.

Moderator: Lillian.W@AST

Napkin
youtube meble na wymiar Warszawa

Re: [Unoffical] Optware for ASUSTOR

Post by Napkin »

Thank you very much for your work, MrK! Great job!

While searching how to start services out of the debian chroot, that I installed earlier, I stumbled over your optware port. Adding ENV to /etc/profile during boot-up is clever :)
I hoped to find some inspiration once I install something that fills /opt/etc/rc.optware - but maybe with your port I don't need to separately maintain a debian chroot :D

Wondering, could we get rid of the local feed in /volume1/Optware/.. and with it the whole directory? I don't like that directory to show up as a share and the local feed is no longer needed - or are you planning to use the directory for something else? How about using "/volume1/.@optware" instead? That directory will be hidden from all service manager GUIs.

Cheers!
MrK

Post by MrK »

Napkin wrote:[...]Wondering, could we get rid of the local feed in /volume1/Optware/.. and with it the whole directory?
You're right I do plan to get rid of it. It's a relict of me working on Optware and not having the repo online.

If you want to get rid of the Optware share you have to do the following:

1) remove the following in /usr/local/AppCentral/optware/CONTROL/config.json
---------------------------------------------------

Code: Select all

"share-folder":[
           {
             "name":"Optware",
             "description":"Local feed for Optware packages"
           }
        ],

2) remove the following in /usr/builtin/etc/resource.conf, in the [app#optware] section:

Code: Select all

Share = Optware/

3) in the admin interface > Access Control > Shared Folders delete Optware share.

> /opt/etc/rc.optware
I run into problems with rc.optware the services don't get started - not properly at least. Don't know yet why.

See you
Thomas
Storage: AS-202T | AS-604T (borrowed)
PC/Laptop: iMac 27" & rMBP 15"
Media Server/Player: Plex on ASUSTOR NAS & Samsung TV
Napkin

Post by Napkin »

I've hidden the share for now. Don't want to hack something that you will probably fix with the next version anyways :)

I ran into a slight problem after I had installed bash from your repository as it overwrote the default /opt/etc/profile. Are you interested in getting reports about such package incompatibilities? Should I file such things as issues on github?
MrK

Post by MrK »

Napkin wrote:I've hidden the share for now. Don't want to hack something that you will probably fix with the next version anyways :)

I ran into a slight problem after I had installed bash from your repository as it overwrote the default /opt/etc/profile. Are you interested in getting reports about such package incompatibilities? Should I file such things as issues on github?
Yep, please fill an issue on github. I've had seen the problem with bash too and I do wonder if that happens on other platforms too since I haven't changed anything in the bash package. But I'll check.

Thanks for reporting!
Thomas
liefde

Post by liefde »

Hi,

Glad I found optware ipkg. Pretty new to it, so could someone guide me through maintaining config after installing (for example) mc. Such guides exist for other NASes out there, but not for asustor (yet).

Also, what do I best do to maintain /root contents after a reboot. I'd prefer using authorised_keys to log in and such.
I had already scripted a couple of copy rules, but the init script seems to not even run at boot. ADM is the suck.. :-/
MrK

Post by MrK »

liefde wrote:Hi,

Glad I found optware ipkg. Pretty new to it, so could someone guide me through maintaining config after installing (for example) mc. Such guides exist for other NASes out there, but not for asustor (yet).

Also, what do I best do to maintain /root contents after a reboot. I'd prefer using authorised_keys to log in and such.
I had already scripted a couple of copy rules, but the init script seems to not even run at boot. ADM is the suck.. :-/
Hi

Just wanted to mention that with ADM 2.1 the content of /root is not volatile anymore. It now is a link to /volume1/.@root and therefore you (and me :) ) can use public/private key to login in to the NAS.

Thomas
z1022

Post by z1022 »

Optware Software Packing.

When I run make asustor-i686-target, it show error as below

myoffice:/opt/optware# make asustor-i686-target
(standard_in) 1: syntax error
[ -e /opt/optware/downloads ] || mkdir -p /opt/optware/downloads
[ -e asustor-i686/Makefile ] || ( \
mkdir -p asustor-i686 ; \
echo "OPTWARE_TARGET=asustor-i686" > asustor-i686/Makefile ; \
echo "include ../Makefile" >> asustor-i686/Makefile ; \
ln -s ../downloads asustor-i686/downloads ; \
ln -s ../make asustor-i686/make ; \
ln -s ../scripts asustor-i686/scripts ; \
ln -s ../sources asustor-i686/sources ; \
)
touch asustor-i686/.configured
myoffice:/opt/optware#

How to fix it.

Thanks
MrK

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:Optware Software Packing.

When I run make asustor-i686-target, it show error as below [...]
What Linux OS are you using? Only Ubuntu 12.04 is tested by me. Not working on the NAS itself unfortunately. Looks like a problem with the shell you're using.
z1022

Post by z1022 »

I use Debian 7.0 32bit
MrK

Post by MrK »

z1022 wrote:I use Debian 7.0 32bit
I tried it and indeed the messages appear but it works anyway. I assume the output of dash/bash in Debian is more verbose than in Ubuntu. Follow the instruction on github and try compiling an app - worked for me.

Return to “optware”